Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 16, 2010, 12:13 PM   #1
Bob Caruthers
macrumors newbie

Is it possible to Loop a Video on an iPad

Is there a way to loop a video on an iPad as can be done on an iPhone?
Bob Caruthers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 03:44 PM   #2
4DThinker
macrumors 68020

I can't find any way to tell my Touch to loop a video. Are you sure it can be done on an iPhone? If there is nothing in the Settings for video looping, and no obvious submenu to select in the iPad's video app, then don't expect looping to be there.
Old May 16, 2010, 09:11 PM   #3
WadeMac
macrumors newbie

iphone video loop

The way I was able to loop on my iPhone was to set the video up as a music video in iTunes. I was then able to loop or repeat play it as you can with songs.
I tried the same on the iPad but it doesn't work. I also tried to add the same video over and over in a playlist and it plays but only the audio, no video.
Any other suggestions??
WadeMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 02:51 AM   #4
xul
macrumors newbie

ipad video loop

Hi everybody,

you can make a html 5 page.
Load by internet, the page will loop for you ...

Here you are :
http://luccio.stiz.free.fr/ipad/pad11.mp4

Best regards
Luccio STIZ
xul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Philippe Lemay
macrumors newbie

I somehow initiated a loop for all my iPad videos, but it was entirely by accident. It's actually rather annoying, if anyone knows where I might find the feature setting or something to turn it off it would be appreciated.
Philippe Lemay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 04:31 PM   #6
lucasjordan
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Looping Video

I don't know why the iPad can't loop video on its own. I needed to have this happen for a trade show I attended, so I wrote an app to do it. I decided to make the app free so other people can do the same. Check it out, its free (and will stay free):

http://www.claywarestore.com/vloop.html
lucasjordan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 02:23 AM   #7
jehefren
macrumors newbie

Question Can't find video - DESPERATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasjordan View Post
I don't know why the iPad can't loop video on its own. I needed to have this happen for a trade show I attended, so I wrote an app to do it. I decided to make the app free so other people can do the same. Check it out, its free (and will stay free):

http://www.claywarestore.com/vloop.html
I got this app and it looks to be exactly what I need for tomorrow! However, it doesn't seem to be able to find my video. I created the video using iMovie on my Macbook Air and sync'd it with my iPad (2) to get it there and it shows up using the pre-installed video app, but your new app does't seem to see it. What am I doing wrong?
jehefren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 04:48 AM   #8
Lagranger
macrumors member

Saw a free app a few days ago that claimed to be written specifically for looping videos. It was called LOOPYLOOPY.
Lagranger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:33 PM   #9
DivineChef
macrumors newbie

LoopyLoopy is better than video loop presenter

To loop videos get LoopyLoopy, it's free. For a while I've been using Video Loop Presenter and had problems getting both an iPad 1 and iPad 2 to see the videos. With Video Loop Presenter you need to use a utility called iPhone Explorer to copy videos to the camera roll. If it's not in the camera roll it won't be recognized. It worked ok for 1 video, then weird things would happen. It wouldn't recognize all 6 videos I have, just selected ones. Truly flaky behavior. With LoopyLoopy the interface is set up through iTunes to implicitly recognize videos you want it to play. To do this you have to use the File Sharing feature in iTunes. Here are the directions:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094
DivineChef is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:14 PM   #10
smoking monkey
macrumors 6502a

Cinexplayer

I'm pretty sure Cinexplayer does it. Not sure if it plays the file format you have though. I don't have my ipad with me at the moment so I can't check.
smoking monkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad