Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I can't find any way to tell my Touch to loop a video. Are you sure it can be done on an iPhone? If there is nothing in the Settings for video looping, and no obvious submenu to select in the iPad's video app, then don't expect looping to be there.

WadeMac

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2010
iphone video loop

The way I was able to loop on my iPhone was to set the video up as a music video in iTunes. I was then able to loop or repeat play it as you can with songs.
I tried the same on the iPad but it doesn't work. I also tried to add the same video over and over in a playlist and it plays but only the audio, no video.
Any other suggestions??

Philippe Lemay

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2010
I somehow initiated a loop for all my iPad videos, but it was entirely by accident. It's actually rather annoying, if anyone knows where I might find the feature setting or something to turn it off it would be appreciated.

lucasjordan

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
Looping Video

I don't know why the iPad can't loop video on its own. I needed to have this happen for a trade show I attended, so I wrote an app to do it. I decided to make the app free so other people can do the same. Check it out, its free (and will stay free):

http://www.claywarestore.com/vloop.html

jehefren

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
Can't find video - DESPERATE

I don't know why the iPad can't loop video on its own. I needed to have this happen for a trade show I attended, so I wrote an app to do it. I decided to make the app free so other people can do the same. Check it out, its free (and will stay free):

http://www.claywarestore.com/vloop.html

I got this app and it looks to be exactly what I need for tomorrow! However, it doesn't seem to be able to find my video. I created the video using iMovie on my Macbook Air and sync'd it with my iPad (2) to get it there and it shows up using the pre-installed video app, but your new app does't seem to see it. What am I doing wrong?

Lagranger

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Saw a free app a few days ago that claimed to be written specifically for looping videos. It was called LOOPYLOOPY.

DivineChef

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2011
LoopyLoopy is better than video loop presenter

To loop videos get LoopyLoopy, it's free. For a while I've been using Video Loop Presenter and had problems getting both an iPad 1 and iPad 2 to see the videos. With Video Loop Presenter you need to use a utility called iPhone Explorer to copy videos to the camera roll. If it's not in the camera roll it won't be recognized. It worked ok for 1 video, then weird things would happen. It wouldn't recognize all 6 videos I have, just selected ones. Truly flaky behavior. With LoopyLoopy the interface is set up through iTunes to implicitly recognize videos you want it to play. To do this you have to use the File Sharing feature in iTunes. Here are the directions:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Cinexplayer

I'm pretty sure Cinexplayer does it. Not sure if it plays the file format you have though. I don't have my ipad with me at the moment so I can't check.

Jeff750

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2013
Eastern time zone
Loop video on iPhone - Settings, Photos, "REPEAT"

Yes, iOS 7 gives you this option for free.

Go to Settings.
Go to Photos & Camera.
Scroll down to "SLIDESHOW". Turn on "Repeat".

Create a new album, put the video(s) you want to loop into it.

When you want to play it, select the album.
Select the video.
At the bottom of the screen is the little "box with an upward arrow" icon.
Press that icon.
You get a screen that allows you to select "Slideshow". Press "Slideshow".
You get a screen that allows you to select iPhone or AirPlay. Make your selection.
Press "Start Slideshow"
It loops. :)

caroleruggier

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2018
Yes you can loop a video on an iPad with a click of button. Download the looper app and convert any existing Video to boomerang video;
  • Shoot and create a new Boomerang video;
  • Add video effects and filters to any converted loop video;
  • Keeping the audio in the converted loop video (this’ll be fun);
Share the looped video with the world on Looper’s newsfeed and compete to get more likes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.