Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 17, 2010, 02:00 PM   #1
larswik
macrumors 65816

Removing on screen info when looping?

I want to use the Apple TV I have for Digital Singage. I create a playlist and put the items in the folder so it will loop but when I look at it on the TV it get some side information that pops up at the bottom left for like 5 seconds. Can this be shut off?

-Lars
larswik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 02:31 PM   #2
tom1971
macrumors 6502a

What exactly is that info ?
Can you post a screenshot ?
tom1971 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 01:50 PM   #3
larswik
macrumors 65816

When you just click the remote to play a video it does not come up. But when you create a playlist in iTunes and drag a few short video clips into the play list it happens. Putting clips into a playlist allows you to loop the list automatically. But when it plays the next clip a small tag at the bottom left show a small icon of the clip and the name of the clip. The only reason I can find that Apple would do this and not allow a way to shut it off is they do not want these run as digital signage since there is more wear and tear on the equipment.

-Lars
larswik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 04:27 PM   #4
tom1971
macrumors 6502a

so you refer to the artwork, similar to what is shown when you play music ?
tom1971 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 07:36 AM   #5
mstrze
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to mstrze
More wear and tear on the equipment? I don't understand. Are your worried about burn-in from a 5-sec appearance of a semi-transparent box?

Tom...the OP is talking about a little lower-third, left-hand side of the screen, shadowed box which contains the title of the video and a screen grab...or artwork, depending on what is being utilized as the picture for that particular video.
mstrze is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater