1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Removing on screen info when looping?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by larswik, May 17, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

I want to use the Apple TV I have for Digital Singage. I create a playlist and put the items in the folder so it will loop but when I look at it on the TV it get some side information that pops up at the bottom left for like 5 seconds. Can this be shut off?

-Lars

2. macrumors 6502a

What exactly is that info ?
    Can you post a screenshot ?

3. macrumors 65816

When you just click the remote to play a video it does not come up. But when you create a playlist in iTunes and drag a few short video clips into the play list it happens. Putting clips into a playlist allows you to loop the list automatically. But when it plays the next clip a small tag at the bottom left show a small icon of the clip and the name of the clip. The only reason I can find that Apple would do this and not allow a way to shut it off is they do not want these run as digital signage since there is more wear and tear on the equipment.

-Lars

4. macrumors 6502a

so you refer to the artwork, similar to what is shown when you play music ?

5. macrumors 68000

More wear and tear on the equipment? I don't understand. Are your worried about burn-in from a 5-sec appearance of a semi-transparent box?

Tom...the OP is talking about a little lower-third, left-hand side of the screen, shadowed box which contains the title of the video and a screen grab...or artwork, depending on what is being utilized as the picture for that particular video.