Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Had to get away from another heated religion debate....
So... what are you more excited for this coming Sunday:
The finale of Lost?
or
The shipping of Super Mario Galaxy 2?

Its a close one!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
WHAT! Lost's finale is on Sunday, most freakin excellent! Ok that'll be Monday here but that's a good 2 days before the usual date.

And Galaxy 2 isn't out here until next month. Can't wait for that though, so far Galaxy 1 is my favourite game this generation and 2 looks a lot more creative (seen the log rolling/Yoshi video?! That's game design genius right there).

So next month and Monday will rock for me :D.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Given that I am a huge fan of Lost and the last Mario Bros. game I played was Super Mario World. I'll have to go with Lost.

Though I am not really excited about the finale of Lost. As that means no more Lost:(.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Though I am not really excited about the finale of Lost. As that means no more Lost:(.

I thought the writers said that this may not be the last we've seen of the island. However, they have said that the finale will tie up all the loose ends for this group of characters.

The island will still be there, and I have a hunch that Ol' Smokey will, too. This allows the underlying mythos to continue in movies, Web serials, comic books, etc.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I dont know if I'm more excited or sad about lost. I can't believe there will be no more lost *tear* I remember I stumbled on the pilot flipping through channels the first day it aired. I had no previous knowledge of the show and had not seen any promotion.... but I was hooked from day one and since then have seen every minute of every episode ever. I can't wait for the Finale but I sure am going to be sad to see it go.

catfish743

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Kentucky
I thought the writers said that this may not be the last we've seen of the island. However, they have said that the finale will tie up all the loose ends for this group of characters.

The island will still be there, and I have a hunch that Ol' Smokey will, too. This allows the underlying mythos to continue in movies, Web serials, comic books, etc.

I hope it is the last, atleast IMHO. I don't believe in over-doing a good thing. But I will be watching Lost no doubt.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia

I could only imagine how bad it could be with a new set of characters. The only two good spin-offs I can think of is Frasier and Star Trek TNG (the other Star Trek series afterwards were fair but lost the appeal Star Trek had before Roddenberry's death).

I dont know if I'm more excited or sad about lost. I can't believe there will be no more lost *tear* I remember I stumbled on the pilot flipping through channels the first day it aired. I had no previous knowledge of the show and had not seen any promotion.... but I was hooked from day one and since then have seen every minute of every episode ever. I can't wait for the Finale but I sure am going to be sad to see it go.

I had heard of Lost on commercials a lot early on but did not watch it until the 4th season. Once I did watch an episode I quickly burned through all of them on ABC.com as they were and still are available for free. I did not watch it before as I thought it was going to be a rehash of Gilligan's Island just a bit more intense:p.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've never watched Lost and haven't a clue what it's about. What is it about? Is it like Lord of the Flies or is in yet another 'reality teevee' dreck fest?

It'll give a bit of the story away but what the hell; it's a sci-fi about some people stuck on a time travelling island where magical things happen. It's pretty damn brilliant.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Thanks for the explanation. I always wondered how they could remain lost for so long, yet not kill each other or starve.

Actually, I thought Lost was like Gilligan's Island, but less sexy.

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
Lost or Super Mario 2? When I read this Sunday will Rock! I assumed there was a big pirate party commemorating the hanging of Captain Kidd in 1701, on May 23rd. Oh well.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
No offense, but you won't get it. The story has evolved MUCH deeper than what was let on in the first episode.

P-Worm

I know. :eek: I tried to watch it again the second season, but nothing made sense. I'll eventually watch it all in order.

EDIT: You know, I've been watching the news today, and it seems many watchers are a little confused as to what exactly is going on.:confused:

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Iron Man 2: Lame. Lost: Lame. New Water Proof Camera: Pictures A Little Dark. If Super Mario Galaxy 2 sucks, I'm done!

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I know. :eek: I tried to watch it again the second season, but nothing made sense. I'll eventually watch it all in order.

EDIT: You know, I've been watching the news today, and it seems many watchers are a little confused as to what exactly is going on.:confused:

Well it's all available for free on ABC.com.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.