Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Just sharing. Found one in stores, they had purple, black, and clear. :D

Halon X

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2005
Malibu, CA
Just sharing. Found one in stores, they had purple, black, and clear. :D

I picked up a clear the other day to tide me over until my Vaja case arrives. So far I've been extremely impressed with it. Feel and quality seems better than many more expensive cases!

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
San Diego has them, or at least they did a few days ago when I got mine.

Plus, you can ooh and ahh at the display of cases of Coca-Cola that spells "Fry's"...

Halon X

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2005
Malibu, CA
DoggyByte said:
Is the clear one that they sell at Fry's the new revision?

How does one check?

I can say that this fit and finish on the one I purchased are excellent, all the necessary holes line up perfectly. I personally don't see much room for improvement.

I purchased mine at the Fry's in El Segundo, CA and they had a ton of them in stock.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Not sure, but it's identical to the one I bought at the Apple store.

New revision has more of a blue tone to it. Also, it doesnt wrap around onto the ipad bezel as much as the old one. Old one tends to start getting a yellowish tone after a few weeks of usage...

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I like the Belkin Grip View

I purchased one I think about a week after the WiFi iPad release from the Apple Store near me. How can I tell if I received an original one or the newer type? I really like the case when using the iPad around the home. Outside the home it's a different story.

Are there any good images of the two comparing them.

thx

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
I picked up the clear Grip Vue at Fry's in Alpharetta, GA today, and I actually got it to squeeze into the Marware Eco-Vue.

thrill5one6

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2010
I returned the apple case for the belkin skin. The skin makes the ipad feel heavy but it is smooth and has a great grip!
Best case I've seen

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
Possibly the sku has changed?

Here are two that were purchased from Fry's this week -

I purchased one I think about a week after the WiFi iPad release from the Apple Store near me. How can I tell if I received an original one or the newer type? I really like the case when using the iPad around the home. Outside the home it's a different story.

Are there any good images of the two comparing them.

thx

Attachments

• BelkinGripVue.jpg
    BelkinGripVue.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 576

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I picked up the clear Grip Vue at Fry's in Alpharetta, GA today, and I actually got it to squeeze into the Marware Eco-Vue.

How is that working? Can you still take out the iPad easily? I'm thinking of that set up so that I can pull out the iPad once in a while and use it without the case but still have it protected by the Belkin.

mkzamora

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
1 clear left in Woodland Hills, CA

I picked up the other. They were located in the Apple computer accessories section.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.