Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:04 PM   #1
PaleoNerd
macrumors newbie

Getting Photos off of iPad

I recently had a catastrophic hard drive failure on my iMac and lost all of my data. Unfortunately my last back up was a couple weeks ago and I had taken plenty of pictures since then. Luckily I have transferred all my pictures to my iPad. I was wondering if there is any way to get them off of my iPad and back on my computer. Thanks.
64 GB iPad
PaleoNerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:28 PM   #2
j3yq
macrumors 6502

Email them to your self or upload them to mobile me gallery.
j3yq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:34 PM   #3
LAnMarc
macrumors member

Import them one at a time with GoodReader and then use iTunes to copy them to your Mac.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:35 PM   #4
MadDog31
macrumors 6502

I use iPhoto to pull pics off of my iPad.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:22 PM   #5
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

Even if you can get them off the iPad they won't be full res images
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:37 PM   #6
TheMadHatter2
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleoNerd View Post
I recently had a catastrophic hard drive failure on my iMac and lost all of my data. Unfortunately my last back up was a couple weeks ago and I had taken plenty of pictures since then. Luckily I have transferred all my pictures to my iPad. I was wondering if there is any way to get them off of my iPad and back on my computer. Thanks.
Simple, plug your iPad into your iMac. Fire up Image Capture, select the iPad in devices. Then you import 'em. Hazza! You're done.

Oh, and they WILL be full rez (this was tested with my iPad w/CCK and my 2 Nikons)

HTH
TheMadHatter2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:28 AM   #7
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter2 View Post
Simple, plug your iPad into your iMac. Fire up Image Capture, select the iPad in devices. Then you import 'em. Hazza! You're done.

Oh, and they WILL be full rez (this was tested with my iPad w/CCK and my 2 Nikons)

HTH
The are only full resolution if they were imported vis the Camera Connection Kit.....if they were moved over via iTunes they are "optimized" not full res
Roy Hobbs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:40 AM   #8
jclardy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter2 View Post

HTH
Photos put on an iPad from iPhoto don't show up in Image Capture. I don't think iTunes allows you to put photos back on your computer unfortunately...Using email or good reader may be your only options.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:32 PM   #9
ChrisGonzales90
Banned

I know on windows the iPad will show up in the computer folder. You can access your pictures and just copy and paste them to the main hard drive. Though it may only work for photos you saved directly on the ipad it self.
ChrisGonzales90 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:43 AM   #10
The Mad Hatter
macrumors 6502

...then there's jail breaking and iFile. However, that's a topic for another discussion.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad