Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
anyone seen these? Look nice, like Vaja but less expensive!

http://cretouch.com/index.php/cPath/153_164

ipad_argos_case_black02.jpg

malbright

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
What I don't like is that writing on the inside of the case. It's distracting and would grow old in about 5 minutes. Even worse, the SGP name/logo is also on the inside of the case, which in my opinion is really tacky. To me, ff they had just left the inside blank it would have been much nicer.

$MacUser$

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2005
Los Angeles
It's also sold by SGP. They have a "vintage" case that's of the same design, only with a worn leather look to the cover.

The basic form and function has received iffy reviews, primarily because it omits one of the main benefits of a folio (i.e., the typing angle). Some folks also don't like the proverb branded into the cover.

Rvn

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
It looks great.

But I really don't understand why they make it without a typing angle - it is what a lot of iPad owners want in a case.

$MacUser$

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2005
Los Angeles
It looks great.

But I really don't understand why they make it without a typing angle - it is what a lot of iPad owners want in a case.

Agreed. I may well have bought this case if it offered the standard typing angle benefit...but as it stands it's just a glorified cover. I'd just as soon get one of those silicon/rubber back protectors and a carrying sleeve before I got one of these, if all I wanted was protection.

marcjacobs69

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
Argos sux

It looks great.

Agree! In spite of the beauty of Argos or Vaja cases, they both are literally useless - unless you buy an extra dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.