Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Illusion986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Just got reminder e-mail from apple to pick up my reserved iphone 4

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-21 at 10.06.00 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-21 at 10.06.00 AM.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 215

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
notice in the small print that there is NO GAURANTEE that you will get a iPhone. It says they are given out on a first come first serve basis! LOL!:eek:

Glad mine is coming via FedEx:p

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Did you notice the sentence about ATT giving some customers the WRONG INFORMATION about pricing and to click on this link to check? Very interesting!:p

Don't do it, it's a trap! It'll cancel your order, force you to pay the $599/699 price, and throw you to the back of the line!

Just kidding. I'm not hitting it either way.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Did you notice the sentence about ATT giving some customers the WRONG INFORMATION about pricing and to click on this link to check? Very interesting!:p

I checked and it asks for your wireless number, zip code and social and this is what it says which is correct :cool:

Available iPhone Prices

You qualify for the following iPhone pricing:

iPhone 4 : 32 GB $299.00

iPhone 4 : 16 GB $199.00

iPhone 3GS : 8 GB $99.00

Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. In CA, MA, and RI, sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of iPhone.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
It bugs me that they say they will help you set up your phone, transfer contacts etc. No wonder the lines will move so slow.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Just got reminder e-mail from apple to pick up my reserved iphone 4

When I reserved mine, I used my wife's number which is on our family plan but now she really wanted the white one so I might take it instead, so my question is even though I reserved it under my wife's number, can I pick it up and ask them to activate it under my number instead? It doesn't look like Apple actually had the number on their reservation system right? Just the email info probably on their reservation system? Whaddya think? :confused:

I preordered my own number thru AT&T and I still haven't received any confirmation that mine will ship so that is why I'm thinking I'm going to cancel it and get the one I reserved from Apple store instead.

WHM

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
South
Me Too!! Yesterday after Father's Day lunch with family, I went by the Apple Store to verify my reservation. The store manager was there and knows me very well. She confirmed they do not sell reserved phone until the next morning. This will be the first time since the original launch of the iPhone that I can not be there until late on Thursday... she assured me as long as I pick it up before closing time I am safe. They have never failed to have a phone for anyone with a reservation. They will only sell what ever stock they receive over and above the reserved units. !!!!!! She also confirmed that I am in their system and confirmed the type of phone I requested. If they get only 10 phones over the reserved units that's all they will sell... RESERVATION ROCKS !!!

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
Got the email too. My reservation worked fine including the upgrade pricing, but some of my friends got the initial emails showing full pricing. We knew Apple would honor the upgrade pricing based on the actual eligibility, but it's nice to know the pricing for sure beforehand.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I got two reminders because I reserved two iPhones, a 16GB and a 32!! That makes me feel great that it really did get reserved. I was able to reserve them within an hour after they were offered at 2AM here.

pirateRACE

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2010
"Don't forget to pick-up your I Phone" i highly doubt anyone on these forums would actually forget... LMAO:)

Wait, that's THIS Thursday?!?
:D

I was thinking the same thing... Silly, Apple. I'm sure the 600,000 that crashed your servers need reminded WHEN their iPhones would be available.

Corey213

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
were people able to pre order phones before? because if they were not would this make some lines go faster? or does this make two lines? If it does, there may be a bigger line at the beginning of the day for those who did pre order rather than those who didn't.

if that happens, apple better make more associates help the pre orders.

ONE MORE THING:

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

what's the point of pre ordering? if I don't get off of work till 5pm, what are the chances i will get it?

sd13

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I just received the same email from Apple. I thought i that i didnt have a reservation because both apple and at&ts web pages were crashing on me on june 15th. Is there any way i can confirm that my reservation is in there 100%?

Illusion986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Me Too!! Yesterday after Father's Day lunch with family, I went by the Apple Store to verify my reservation. The store manager was there and knows me very well. She confirmed they do not sell reserved phone until the next morning. This will be the first time since the original launch of the iPhone that I can not be there until late on Thursday... she assured me as long as I pick it up before closing time I am safe. They have never failed to have a phone for anyone with a reservation. They will only sell what ever stock they receive over and above the reserved units. !!!!!! She also confirmed that I am in their system and confirmed the type of phone I requested. If they get only 10 phones over the reserved units that's all they will sell... RESERVATION ROCKS !!!

Went to my apple store and asked if i came later in the evening will my phone be here....he sed yes it will after confirming with another representative...Im not the primary name on the account but i am authorized to make changes to the account and he sed that wouldnt be a problem as well as long as i know last 4 SSN of the account holder.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
like stated before pre-authorization does not equal reservation
reservations are guaranteed the whole business day of the 24th and will be sold on the 25th if not picked up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.