Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:02 PM   #1
codenamecueball
macrumors regular

Post iPhone Yellow Screen of Death (YSoD)

The what? The yellow screen of what? Well, fear not! I am bringing news of a plight on our shores!

One thing I do every night is put my iPhone 3G on charge. Why not?, battery lasts 20 seconds anyway.
So one night, the plug goes in and BOOM. Screen goes yellow, phone unresponsive. Try hard reboot.
Nothing.
Try another charger.
Nothing.
Try a laptop.
'iPhone is stuck in recovery mode'
Shi....
"The iPhone could not be restored"

Oh bugger, I thought.
I take my (now booting, piece of rage) to the Apple store. Nice man gives me a new phone out of warranty because no bettery information was being recorded.

Fast forward to tonight.
Plug in the phone.
Hit the power button (battery was dead)
YSoD appears!
iPhone used CHARGER!
It's not very effective!

Disconnect, hard reboot, apple logo, on power, onto safari. Write these words for you all.

So I pose the question, any of you had a Yellow Screen of Death?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:06 PM   #2
appleguy123
macrumors 603

I think that your first charger os bad. Sounds like it's surging and frying our iPhones.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:12 PM   #3
codenamecueball
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleguy123 View Post
I think that your first charger os bad. Sounds like it's surging and frying our iPhones.
Original 3G charger
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:15 PM   #4
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by codenamecueball View Post
Original 3G charger
It still sounds like itís your charger if two phones did it. Take it to Apple. Iíve never heard of YSOD, BTW.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:41 PM   #5
codenamecueball
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie- View Post
It still sounds like itís your charger if two phones did it. Take it to Apple. Iíve never heard of YSOD, BTW.
I'll go to the Penius Bar when I get the chance.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:43 PM   #6
mbaran
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codenamecueball;
I'll go to the Penius Bar when I get the chance.
lol good luck at the penius bar.
mbaran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:46 AM   #7
bojomojo
macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem today

Edit:
I found a fix that worked for me,
http://bit.ly/1o3O

Last edited by bojomojo; Jun 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
bojomojo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2010, 02:46 AM   #8
Varcula
macrumors newbie

I always have this problem when i put my iPhone on charge. And i know how to fix this.

But 1st i will explain you why this happens (at least to me this is what happens) :

When put my iPhone on charge and it's battery is dead it always gets yellow...
If i put my iPhone to charge when it is opened sometimes it doesn't charge. I need 1st to connect my iPhone to charger then to turn it off. After that it will charge.

YSoD is not the same thing as BSoD (Blue Screen of Death in Windows) . BSoD is more dangerous than YSoD so you don't have to worry about this.

Now let's learn you how to fix it :

You connect your charger to your iPhone and YSoD appears. You just have to press Power and Home button like 8 seconds (or until YSoD dissapears) then let your iPhone turned off. It will still charge. If it doesn't do the same thing i told you but now with your USB. Connect iPhone to PC and the YSoD will appear. Press Power and Home button until YSoD dissapears and then let him charge. Do not turn on your iPhone next 5 minutes. Let it charge at least 5% of the battery. And voila : The YSoD problem fixed. Hope i helped
Varcula is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 08:28 AM   #9
krazie4iphone
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varcula View Post
I always have this problem when i put my iPhone on charge. And i know how to fix this.

But 1st i will explain you why this happens (at least to me this is what happens) :

If i put my iPhone to charge when it is opened sometimes it doesn't charge. I need 1st to connect my iPhone to charger then to turn it off. After that it will charge.

YSoD is not the same thing as BSoD (Blue Screen of Death in Windows) . BSoD is more dangerous than YSoD so you don't have to worry about this.

You connect your charger to your iPhone and YSoD appears. You just have to press Power and Home button like 8 seconds (or until YSoD dissapears) then let your iPhone turned off. It will still charge. If it doesn't do the same thing i told you but now with your USB. Connect iPhone to PC and the YSoD will appear. Press Power and Home button until YSoD dissapears and then let him charge. Do not turn on your iPhone next 5 minutes. Let it charge at least 5% of the battery. And voila : The YSoD problem fixed. Hope i helped
okay i have this problem as well other maybe you can help aswell iphone was given to me by my brother......yellow screen happen to me.as well when it went on the phone icon wasnt there volume worked fine went i text but when it came to call someone couldnt hear ish would you be able to help?
krazie4iphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:43 PM   #10
Sanj1000
macrumors newbie

basically my music and video app wasn't working so i tried to restore my ipod and it wouldn't let me so i restored it from the ipod by erasing all and now it is stuck on the apple logo i can not get it off can anyone please help
Sanj1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 01:28 PM   #11
koohc
macrumors newbie

annoying YSoD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codenamecueball View Post
The what? The yellow screen of what? Well, fear not! I am bringing news of a plight on our shores!

One thing I do every night is put my iPhone 3G on charge. Why not?, battery lasts 20 seconds anyway.
So one night, the plug goes in and BOOM. Screen goes yellow, phone unresponsive. Try hard reboot.
Nothing.
Try another charger.
Nothing.
Try a laptop.
'iPhone is stuck in recovery mode'
Shi....
"The iPhone could not be restored"

Oh bugger, I thought.
I take my (now booting, piece of rage) to the Apple store. Nice man gives me a new phone out of warranty because no bettery information was being recorded.

Fast forward to tonight.
Plug in the phone.
Hit the power button (battery was dead)
YSoD appears!
iPhone used CHARGER!
It's not very effective!

Disconnect, hard reboot, apple logo, on power, onto safari. Write these words for you all.

So I pose the question, any of you had a Yellow Screen of Death?

itz so annoying! it happened to me 3 times now i am on the fourth and it not turning back on! not happy!
koohc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2012, 07:04 AM   #12
varex14
macrumors newbie

Smile helpful tip should try if any1 has this problem

Quote:

hey i m from fiji islands and i read that comment and it helped me fix my iphone 3g thanks alot
varex14 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:01 PM   #13
bilalways
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up you r the best varcula

Quote:

I lOVE u
bilalways is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting