Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
My iPhone 4 reached it's destination sort facility at 10:48 pm last night and it's about a 2 hour drive from me.. Fedex hasn't updated since last night and still shows a 24th delivery date.. Can someone who uses fedex a lot confirm I'll get my iPhone today? Tia.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I'm in the exact same boat. Just chillax, our lord and savior Steve jobs wouldn't lie to us.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
My iPhone 4 reached it's destination sort facility at 10:48 pm last night and it's about a 2 hour drive from me.. Fedex hasn't updated since last night and still shows a 24th delivery date.. Can someone who uses fedex a lot confirm I'll get my iPhone today? Tia.

Sorry cannot confirm but if it means that much to you go pick it up. 50/50 chance it comes today. Depends if they will sort through the batch of pallets that have a delivery date of June 24. Sometimes they do in advance, sometimes they don't. Could always call fedex I guess

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
Not sure if it varies by location, but for my area (CVG) the destination sort facility essentially means it's done flying or shipping via large trucks and is where the delivery trucks pick up the packages. In other words, the truck that comes to your house picks it up from there. Again, that's how it works here.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Not sure if it varies by location, but for my area (CVG) the destination sort facility essentially means it's done flying or shipping via large trucks and is where the delivery trucks pick up the packages. In other words, the truck that comes to your house picks it up from there. Again, that's how it works here.

In my area, it has 1 more location usually. Mine is at the airport in Detroit, but my delivery truck leaves from Lake Orion, an hour north. My office is walking distance from where the delivery truck leaves from. I've been at the sort facility since 5:15 and it's after 7:30. I'm losing hope, but maybe Apple did something out of the ordinary with FedEx to get them all out today. I guess we'll know within 12 hours.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
In my area, it has 1 more location usually. Mine is at the airport in Detroit, but my delivery truck leaves from Lake Orion, an hour north. My office is walking distance from where the delivery truck leaves from. I've been at the sort facility since 5:15 and it's after 7:30. I'm losing hope, but maybe Apple did something out of the ordinary with FedEx to get them all out today. I guess we'll know within 12 hours.

Yeah, I figured they could be different. Ours says two different city names, but it's essentially one big campus. In other words, the movement is a technicality really. Sounds like some have a decent haul between the two. ;)

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Yeah, I figured they could be different. Ours says two different city names, but it's essentially one big campus. In other words, the movement is a technicality really. Sounds like some have a decent haul between the two. ;)

I think there are delivery trucks that leave from Romulus (where Detroit Metro is.) Maybe they'll deliver them from there? Guess we'll know soon enough.

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Don't worry about it. It can stay in that status later than you'd think (up to 9am in my experience). If it's at the destination sort facility, you can be 99% you'll be getting it today.

FotoPhocus

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I think there are delivery trucks that leave from Romulus (where Detroit Metro is.) Maybe they'll deliver them from there? Guess we'll know soon enough.

The next update we should see is an OUT FOR DELIVERY, with a different city name (Lake Orion for you, Livonia for me). I'd be surprised if we didn't get them today.

BTW, go NMU :cool: :D

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
The next update we should see is an OUT FOR DELIVERY, with a different city name (Lake Orion for you, Livonia for me). I'd be surprised if we didn't get them today.

BTW, go NMU :cool: :D

Pfft. :rolleyes: :D

Mine used to come out of Livonia. I agree, we should see them today. Enjoy!

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Well, the DSF in the CVG area is Erlanger but I'm 99% sure that it goes to a Cincinnati facility before launching for my house so I'll likely get it tomorrow. That sucks because my work day is effed up tomorrow.

killahbee

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2009
Mine says the same thing, though my destination sort facility is literally 10 mins away from my place.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
You could be in luck as the destination sort facility is your local hub that you delivery truck actually gets you package.

The problem is if it has a 24th for delivery date and they are very busy, it may not make the truck till tomorrow. You will not be able to pick it up until AFTER the first delivery attempt.

eyyyephone4

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
I sure hope we get them today. In most cases at least I thought they should be out for delivery by now. I thought the trucks would be loaded up at 6am. Somewhat discouraged but hope I'm wrong; I took the friggen day off.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
thanks for the replies guys! i do home it comes today as well! good luck to all of you.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
Well, the DSF in the CVG area is Erlanger but I'm 99% sure that it goes to a Cincinnati facility before launching for my house so I'll likely get it tomorrow. That sucks because my work day is effed up tomorrow.

Yeah, the trucks that deliver to my house (in Alexandria, KY) sort in Hebron, more specifically on Jamike. Which is right next to the airport (or close enough). No real delays from this end. Hope your phone gets up to you today!!

To be honest, I expected mine to be out for delivery by now but haven't seen the status change as of yet. Normally I see 7:00 time stamps to be on the truck but not today. Guess we'll see!

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Yeah, the trucks that deliver to my house (in Alexandria, KY) sort in Hebron, more specifically on Jamike. Which is right next to the airport (or close enough). No real delays from this end. Hope your phone gets up to you today!!

To be honest, I expected mine to be out for delivery by now but haven't seen the status change as of yet. Normally I see 7:00 time stamps to be on the truck but not today. Guess we'll see!

Does your expected delivery show 6/23 or 6/24? Mine says 6/24 but of course Apple says pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :rolleyes:

Seth C

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I wouldn't get too excited. My iPhone showed up at the destination sort facility at 1:28am yesterday, but by 7am had been sent somewhere over 100 miles farther away from me, and hasn't moved for 25 hours.

Suffice to say, I don't expect to be receiving it today (despite the e-mail I received from Apple).

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
My phone is sitting at a sorting facility 12 miles from me. It's 8:15 now and it hasn't been put on a truck. Guess I won't be getting it until tomorrow.

JayDH

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
My phone is sitting at a sorting facility 12 miles from me. It's 8:15 now and it hasn't been put on a truck. Guess I won't be getting it until tomorrow.

You can still get it today. My destination sort facility is Dulles, VA around 15 miles from me. Usually it will jump from there to Out for Delivery from Alexandria on the same day.

Seth C

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
You can still get it today. My destination sort facility is Dulles, VA around 15 miles from me. Usually it will jump from there to Out for Delivery from Alexandria on the same day.

What does it mean when they truck it from the destination sort facility, over 100 miles in the wrong direction? Haha.

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010

I hope so. It's so frustrating though. Apparently FedEx was instructed to deliver them on the 23rd, and I have absolutely no problem just picking it up, but they won't release it until they attempt a delivery. I'm just afraid they are going to hold it since that was the original plan.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004

I am in Dulles as well. According to FedEx, it hasn't left. But, simpletracking says it left Dulles at 4:35 am. So I am hoping mine is on the truck for delivery.

ajsnow6234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010

Me too...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-23 at 8.13.40 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-23 at 8.13.40 AM.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 4,625

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I am in Dulles as well. According to FedEx, it hasn't left. But, simpletracking says it left Dulles at 4:35 am. So I am hoping mine is on the truck for delivery.

FedEx tracking is telling me it's sitting at the destination sorting facility in Louiseville, TN. Simple Tracking is telling me that it left FedEx ramp in Louiseville, TN. Both list the time as 5:24 am. It seems like the sites are giving contradicting info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.