Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
FedEx tracking is telling me it's sitting at the destination sorting facility in Louiseville, TN. Simple Tracking is telling me that it left FedEx ramp in Louiseville, TN. Both list the time as 5:24 am. It seems like the sites are giving contradicting info.

simple tracking I think for me would be more reliable. It has told me my status faster then FedEx. It told me it left Anchorage before FedEx updated to say it departed. It it is telling me it left Dulles. Again though, who knows.

Ozman712

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
I'm in the same boat. Mine is at the sorting facility which is where our trucks pick up their deliveries. I called FedEx and the guy told me it was scheduled for the 24 by 4:30pm. Which is the original ship date. I don't think he had any idea about the revised shipping procedure.

In my experience our FedEx packages are usually on the truck by 7 am. I'll be upset if this thing doesn't arrive today. Why Steve? Why tempt us with this early shipment email?

JayDH

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Me too...

Yep, that is almost what mine looks like. I am amazed that it left Alaska yesterday and got to Virginia by early this morning. If I get it delivered today, I think FedEx is magic.

Jun 23, 2010 5:24 AM At dest sort facility DULLES, VA
Jun 23, 2010 2:44 AM Departed FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
Jun 23, 2010 12:01 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Jun 22, 2010 2:53 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Jun 22, 2010 11:53 AM Int'l shipment release ANCHORAGE, AK
Jun 21, 2010 2:04 PM In transit ANCHORAGE, AK
Package available for clearance
Jun 20, 2010 7:35 PM Picked up SHENZHEN CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
Jun 20, 2010 4:10 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I'm in the same boat. Mine is at the sorting facility which is where our trucks pick up their deliveries. I called FedEx and the guy told me it was scheduled for the 24 by 4:30pm. Which is the original ship date. I don't think he had any idea about the revised shipping procedure.

In my experience our FedEx packages are usually on the truck by 7 am. I'll be upset if this thing doesn't arrive today. Why Steve? Why tempt us with this early shipment email?

I wonder if we would be able to call Apple and have them instruct the facility to release it to us for pick up?

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Don't trust what website says. Mine still says dest sort facility as of 835 am but I called the facility and rep told me it was on the truck - out for delivery. I guess website isn't 100 percent correct in real time. Good luck.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Statuses for both my phones have been stuck since last night. One of them has been on an endless transit from Memphis. The other one is stuck at the destination sort facility.

Do we trust the up to date statuses, or do we trust the est delivery date?

I ordered AT&T so I didn't get graced with any emails from Apple.

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Mine's at the Dest. Sort Facility as well. Fedex CSR says it will come tomorrow, but only because that's what it says on his computer. I got the "23rd" email and I'm assuming that those were generated based on an expected delivery timeframe without any "holds". Fedex probably originally overrided the system to show the 24th because they were expecting to hold it. Now that they aren't, I see no reason why it wouldn't arrive today.

In short, if you got the email, it will probably come today. Not to worry. ;)

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
I think there are delivery trucks that leave from Romulus (where Detroit Metro is.) Maybe they'll deliver them from there? Guess we'll know soon enough.

The next update we should see is an OUT FOR DELIVERY, with a different city name (Lake Orion for you, Livonia for me). I'd be surprised if we didn't get them today.

BTW, go NMU :cool: :D

I'm in Lansing and mine is sitting in GR since 5:30. I wouldn't imagine they'd get it to the local sort unless they planned to deliver. On the other hand, the day is getting late to truck it over here and load up the delivery trucks. :(

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Again, I wouldn't worry about the "Destination Sort Facility" deal. It's actually cool how this worked out for me...

I'm expecting another priority package today as well (not an iPhone). It's scheduled for delivery today before 10:30am. It took the exact same route as my iPhone did (time stamps and destinations match exactly) from Indy to Charlotte. It still shows "Destination Sort Facility" as well, and I know for sure it's coming today.

As Steve would say, "Not to worry." :D

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
You're joking right? Calm down... :D

So being able to pick up my property on the day it was supposed to be delivered is just expecting too much? I guess my idea of good customer service must be different from yours...

filmfanatic24

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2007
Same boat:

Screenshot2010-06-23at74726AM.png

Was at local facility since 3:00am.

Was slightly heartbroken when I woke up and didn't see it on a truck. Still holding out hope that Fedex.com sucks (like it has for the past 3 days) and that it'll get on a truck today.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Don't trust what website says. Mine still says dest sort facility as of 835 am but I called the facility and rep told me it was on the truck - out for delivery. I guess website isn't 100 percent correct in real time. Good luck.

I did tracking over the automated phone line...it told me it was in transit between the DSF and my local station which is more than the website says. It basically means it ain't coming today and Apple's email was a big tease.

The decision to deliver early prolly came late and wasn't coordinated well with FedEx for product already in FedEx's pipeline.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I called and FedEx said that sometimes the status takes a while to update and there is still plenty of time to leave the sorting facility and be delivered. She said the package will arrive by 3 p.m so I'm going to stop being a psycho and just relax until it gets here.

:)

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH

Where's you get the # for your DSF?

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
So being able to pick up my property on the day it was supposed to be delivered is just expecting too much? I guess my idea of good customer service must be different from yours...

Asking them to break their protocols for the tens of thousands of packages they are delivering and take extra time to give special treatment to YOUR package isn't far exceeds the bounds of 'good customer service.'

They'll get it to you....just like they'll delivery all to all their other customers.

Protokoll

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
FedEx still shows it being ~ 30 miles from my house, however the last entry on Simple Tracking shows that it left that facility over 4 hours ago and FedEx hasn't updated:

Simple Tracking: 6/23/2010 4:14:00 AM FRANKLIN, MA, US Left FedEx Ramp

FedEx: Jun 23, 2010 12:13 AM
At dest sort facility
FRANKLIN, MA

PackageTrackr: FRANKLIN, MA, USA
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:13 AM
AT DEST SORT FACILITY

I think FedEx tracking is just lagging today and all of our phones are already on delivery trucks, stop hyperventilating.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I called and FedEx said that sometimes the status takes a while to update and there is still plenty of time to leave the sorting facility and be delivered. She said the package will arrive by 3 p.m so I'm going to stop being a psycho and just relax until it gets here.

:)

Sometimes it can be an hour or two behind. If it gets on a truck at 8am, sometimes it may not display this info until 9 or 10.

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Asking them to break their protocols for the tens of thousands of packages they are delivering and take extra time to give special treatment to YOUR package isn't far exceeds the bounds of 'good customer service.'

They'll get it to you....just like they'll delivery all to all their other customers.

Do you mind explaining to me how I've asked anyone to break any protocols? I'm just trying to understand why they aren't following the shippers instructions. You need to calm down, my dear. I'm just curious about where my phone is, like many others.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Do you mind explaining to me how I've asked anyone to break any protocols? I'm just trying to understand why they aren't following the shippers instructions. You need to calm down, my dear. I'm just curious about where my phone is, like many others.

My guess is that your status will lag behind the actual progress of the package. It happened to a bunch of us on iPad launch day.

j3w3ly

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
My guess is that your status will lag behind the actual progress of the package. It happened to a bunch of us on iPad launch day.

That's what I'm thinking. FedEx has been slow to update their site all week. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I almost wish Apple hadn't even sent me that email...getting my hopes up. Worst case scenario, I'll get to attempt to activate tomorrow during what I'm sure will be a clusterf*ck of a launch.

jchampl

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008

yeah you did, you can't pick up till it been attempted..... breaking protocol.... wait until it doesn't get delivered then you can freak out, tracking has been out of wack for sometime.....

Jun 23, 2010 3:51 AM At dest sort facility CHICAGO, IL

Jun 23, 2010 4:09 AM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Jun 23, 2010 1:15 AM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Jun 22, 2010 3:36 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

that last line didn't show up until 50 minutes ago, yet it happened hours ago, also I am getting it today. just relax, and refer back to the apple email..... "This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date" this same thing happens at every release, please refer back to the ipad release....

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW

You posted that you wanted to to pick up a package from a sort facility. Fed Ex's is required to make an attempt for a delivery. Asking them to make an exception would be asking them to break their protocols.

Actually calling the Fed Ex sort facility the morning while they are trying to get the trucks loaded is a bit indicative of someone who needs to calm down.

It's coming...very possibly a day early which no one would have expected. Worst case, it comes on the official launch day.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
That's what I'm thinking. FedEx has been slow to update their site all week. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I almost wish Apple hadn't even sent me that email...getting my hopes up. Worst case scenario, I'll get to attempt to activate tomorrow during what I'm sure will be a clusterf*ck of a launch.

Yeah... if mine don't arrive today (both of them) then I will have to work from home again tomorrow. I hate to work from home too many days in a week because people start looking down their nose at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.