Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rs14smith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Hey guys/ladies,

For some odd reason, my Google Chrome browser will not show the videos from YouTube, but I can hear the sound in the background.

This problem happened during either after I downloaded all of my OSX updates (this is a new macbook), or after I installed SilverLight to watch some videos on Netflix.

In the past, neither of these had that effect on Google Chrome.

Safari shows videos just fine, so I'm not sure why Google Chrome is all of a sudden having this issue.

rs14smith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Just noticed that this happens in FireFox too. So FireFox and Chrome cannot view flash content, but Safari can just fine....:rolleyes:

rs14smith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Maybe a new version of flash? if not use Safari, works the best in my opinion. :apple:

I figured it out, after tons of research.

Simply clear all browsing data (everything), uninstall/install flash, and restart your computer. I did a range of things before I rebooted, but after clearing all the data and rebooting that seemed to do the trick!

I honestly just do not like a few things about Safari. Chrome just has ......it...not sure what that "it" is :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.