Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sp219

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I've been looking around for the best iPhone 4 screen protector. Right now, I have a Zagg invisibleSHIELD that I bought and Best Buy and had them apply. I don't like it too much -- it's too thick and kind of wrecks the clarity of the screen, and I have the vertical rainbows issue.

I've only heard of a few others -- wrapSOL (which some people haven't liked...) and the Power Support Crystal films (which don't ship until the end of the month...)

Which one would you guys recommend me get? I'm going to keep the Zagg for now, but just until I find something that maintains the clarity better.

Another thing I was wondering is about the Power Support anti-glare (vs Crystal) films -- do they really destroy the clarity of the screen? I'd like to have a little less glare but the whole point of ditching the Zagg is to get a clearer protector.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have a CandyShell on order, heard it's a tight fit for screen protectors if that makes a difference.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
It really depends on what you're looking for. Some offer minor drop protection, others only scratch protection but with anti-glare or oleophobic coating or even privacy screens. Do you just want a screen protector or a full body protector? It just depends on what you want.

sp219

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
It really depends on what you're looking for. Some offer minor drop protection, others only scratch protection but with anti-glare or oleophobic coating or even privacy screens. Do you just want a screen protector or a full body protector? It just depends on what you want.

Forgot to edit it in before your post but I have a CandyShell on order for full body protection so I'm just looking for good screen protection.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Forgot to edit it in before your post but I have a CandyShell on order for full body protection so I'm just looking for good screen protection.

If all you want is screen protection, then you still have a plethora of choices. Anti-Glare? Privacy? Oleophobic? Protection? Is price a concern? etc.

sp219

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
If all you want is screen protection, then you still have a plethora of choices. Anti-Glare? Privacy? Oleophobic? Protection? Is price a concern? etc.

Price isn't really too much of a concern but I don't want to spend more than $30 or so.

As for my choices: I really want something that provides protection while maintaining the clarity of the screen. I'm not too concerned about privacy -- and don't even know what oleophobic is. Anti-glare might be a good idea as long as I don't lose too much screen clarity.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Price isn't really too much of a concern but I don't want to spend more than $30 or so.

As for my choices: I really want something that provides protection while maintaining the clarity of the screen. I'm not too concerned about privacy -- and don't even know what oleophobic is. Anti-glare might be a good idea as long as I don't lose too much screen clarity.

Oleophobic just means oil resistant. Much less fingerprints.

sp219

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks. I'll probably just keep my Zagg IS until those start shipping, then. Will the anti-glare one still be fairly clear? I don't want to 'destroy the beauty' of the Retina display. :p

I don't think so. Power Support is held in high regard here. I've personally not been able to use this particular film yet, but I only hear good things here.

sp219

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I don't think so. Power Support is held in high regard here. I've personally not been able to use this particular film yet, but I only hear good things here.

Yeah, I've really heard nothing but great things about these protectors too. I'm just trying to debate between the anti-glare or the "Crystal" screen protector because I don't want to lose clarity for anti-glare.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, I've really heard nothing but great things about these protectors too. I'm just trying to debate between the anti-glare or the "Crystal" screen protector because I don't want to lose clarity for anti-glare.

Hopefully someone can chime in with that info. I don't know. I do know that most anti-glare screens have a slightly matte look to them.

daves12345

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Best anti-glare screen protector between iLuv and Gecko for iPhone 4

Hi,
Just wondering what the best iphone 4 anti-glare screen protector is between iLuv anti-glare and gecko anti-glare both for iPhone 4?
Your help is much appreciated!
Thanks.

Jooles

macrumors member
May 28, 2008
a screen protector came with my otterbox but i have yet to apply it

anyone use this? comments?

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
a screen protector came with my otterbox but i have yet to apply it

anyone use this? comments?

I have put the screen protector on that came with the otterbox commuter, it is crystal clear...can't imagine one being any better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.