Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
What is the shower trick then?

Shower isn't really necessary. Heck you could use the sink. The idea is to get the steam going around the room (bathroom) so that dust is eliminated.

I find that unnecessary for myself though. When I installed my SGP Crystal it had 10+ dusts under it. It was easily taken out by tape. Basically the most trickiest thing bout installing protectors is getting it aligned properly. Using the wet install is by far the easiest.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
If you get dust simply lift the screen protector and remove the dust with clear packing tape. It won't stick to the static adhesive used on the protector but it will remove the dust.

Also the tape trick is great for removing lint from clothing.

kchkwan

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
If you have trouble putting on a screen protector, this is wut i do. I usually get perfect results n i put them on for all my friends and family members.

clean ur screen surface, use a moist cloth if u can (even though ppl don't suggest it). Personally I use lens cleaners to clean the phone as a whole.

Us two pieces of large roll scotch tape and cover ur mobile screen. (it also picks up all dust and particles on the screen, while preventing more from getting in)

stick two pieces of small scotch tape on the top and bottom of ur screen protector (front side), use the tape to assist u in applying it after.

remove the tape slowly from the phone screen

remove the adhesive side of the screen protector and apply it while holding the two tapes on on the screen protectors that you put on.

then your done, if u do it correctly.

I find this is the best method especially for white iphones, since putting it on the white glass feels like your not putting on nothing because you can't really see where your applying ur screen protector.

Catcher

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2011
If you have trouble putting on a screen protector, this is wut i do. I usually get perfect results n i put them on for all my friends and family members.

clean ur screen surface, use a moist cloth if u can (even though ppl don't suggest it). Personally I use lens cleaners to clean the phone as a whole.

Us two pieces of large roll scotch tape and cover ur mobile screen. (it also picks up all dust and particles on the screen, while preventing more from getting in)

stick two pieces of small scotch tape on the top and bottom of ur screen protector (front side), use the tape to assist u in applying it after.

remove the tape slowly from the phone screen

remove the adhesive side of the screen protector and apply it while holding the two tapes on on the screen protectors that you put on.

then your done, if u do it correctly.

I find this is the best method especially for white iphones, since putting it on the white glass feels like your not putting on nothing because you can't really see where your applying ur screen protector.

Ha! We have the exact same method. I put two pieces of tape on the sides of the screen protector. It means I can lift and replace as many times as I want till the shield is in exactly the right spot. It takes the pressure away from getting it right first time. Also if a piece of diet has sneaked in I can lift the shield and pick up the dust with a piece of tape.

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Seriously considering the InvisibleShield HD. Otherwise, I may go for a PS Crystal

The IS HD, it would be case friendly so I can use my bumper more often.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
I disagree, as I'm currently using the PS Anti-Glare and it hits the edge of the screen, which bubbles when I wear my bumper

I never had a problem with mine. I have used it with Apple Bumper, SGP Neo Hybrid and Switcheasy Vulcan.

Make sure the protector is centered. Even a bit of misalignment can induce bubbling.

itsderpxd

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...tor-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

Is that the SGP that everyone is referring to ?

http://www.powersupportusa.com/crystal-front-and-rear-film-set.html

and is this the ps ?

the prices are very different, but get the same acclaim here.

SGP seems to be a fairly new site, or maybe im mistaken.

I'm looking to replace my screen protector, as the one that came with my otter box sucks. responsiveness is horrible.

All i'm looking for is clarity, and maybe anti smudge if possible. In those cases, would SGP be the better one ?

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Right now I have the PS Crystal. Very happy with it, fits nice with my Incipio Feather and Elago Slide case.

I just hate that it scratches so damn easily. PS did replace the screen protector though.

itsderpxd

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
Right now I have the PS Crystal. Very happy with it, fits nice with my Incipio Feather and Elago Slide case.

I just hate that it scratches so damn easily. PS did replace the screen protector though.

could you elaborate on "so damn easily" ? I generally keep things in my pocket along with my iphone. PS has a scratch warranty?

Harikishan

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
Best iPhone 4 screen protector

Are you looking around for the best iPhone 4 screen protectors? Here are some of the best screen protectors for iPhone 4 that will protect your ...

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...tor-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

Is that the SGP that everyone is referring to ?

http://www.powersupportusa.com/crystal-front-and-rear-film-set.html

and is this the ps ?

the prices are very different, but get the same acclaim here.

SGP seems to be a fairly new site, or maybe im mistaken.

I'm looking to replace my screen protector, as the one that came with my otter box sucks. responsiveness is horrible.

All i'm looking for is clarity, and maybe anti smudge if possible. In those cases, would SGP be the better one ?

Yes, those are the correct companies. Except the link you have for SGP is for their tempered glass screen shield, which I've heard is top notch but will run you almost $30. Here is the link for their regular line of screen protectors. SGP isn't new, but they recently changed their name to Spigen or something. But yeah they've been around for quite a while.

If you're just looking for clarity, you really can't go wrong with either the PS Crystal or the SGP Ultra Crystal. When you have them on, you almost can't even tell they're there. The display isn't degraded at all.

If you want something that's clear but is also anti-fingerprint, you might want to try the SGP Ultra Oleophobic. It has an anti-oil coating that doesn't show fingerprints, like the naked phone screen. I have heard, however, that this coating wears off after some time and becomes difficult to clean.

I haven't tried it, but the SGP Ultra Optics is supposed to be the balance between crystal and anti-fingerprint/-glare. Clarity is still degraded just a tad, but not as much as straight up AG shields.

Right now I have the Power Support AG on my phone. Clarity degradation isn't bad at all (to me), but it's noticeable if you really stare at the screen. It's great for using outdoors during the daytime when it's sunny and also for keeping fingerprints away. But if clarity is all you're looking for, this one's probably not for you.

itsderpxd

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
Yes, those are the correct companies. Except the link you have for SGP is for their tempered glass screen shield, which I've heard is top notch but will run you almost $30. Here is the link for their regular line of screen protectors. SGP isn't new, but they recently changed their name to Spigen or something. But yeah they've been around for quite a while.

If you're just looking for clarity, you really can't go wrong with either the PS Crystal or the SGP Ultra Crystal. When you have them on, you almost can't even tell they're there. The display isn't degraded at all.

If you want something that's clear but is also anti-fingerprint, you might want to try the SGP Ultra Oleophobic. It has an anti-oil coating that doesn't show fingerprints, like the naked phone screen. I have heard, however, that this coating wears off after some time and becomes difficult to clean.

I haven't tried it, but the SGP Ultra Optics is supposed to be the balance between crystal and anti-fingerprint/-glare. Clarity is still degraded just a tad, but not as much as straight up AG shields.

Right now I have the Power Support AG on my phone. Clarity degradation isn't bad at all (to me), but it's noticeable if you really stare at the screen. It's great for using outdoors during the daytime when it's sunny and also for keeping fingerprints away. But if clarity is all you're looking for, this one's probably not for you.

thanks for the quick reply :) im beginning to like this forum already .
I looked at the regular line , and i wish they just made a screen protector with 5 stars on all the qualities :(.

really considering the glas.t right now .. if not that then the optics.

i have an otter commuter case right now, opinions on a back screen protector? im not sure if i need one or not.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the SGP Ultra Optics. This description above is accurate - best compromise of anti fingerprint and clarity for me. Also, it has a slight micro bumpy surface. If you run your fingernail over the surface in a very quiet room you can hear a slight buzz. Not noticable at all in normal use.

"I haven't tried it, but the SGP Ultra Optics is supposed to be the balance between crystal and anti-fingerprint/-glare. Clarity is still degraded just a tad, but not as much as straight up AG shields."

itsderpxd

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the SGP Ultra Optics. This description above is accurate - best compromise of anti fingerprint and clarity for me. Also, it has a slight micro bumpy surface. If you run your fingernail over the surface in a very quiet room you can hear a slight buzz. Not noticable at all in normal use.

"I haven't tried it, but the SGP Ultra Optics is supposed to be the balance between crystal and anti-fingerprint/-glare. Clarity is still degraded just a tad, but not as much as straight up AG shields."

Right now i'm choosing between this or the Glas.t. The reviews on the glas.t make it very very tempting. The downside is that I would need to buy a new case for my iphone when i install the Glas.t . Is the Ultra optics not playful with cases with the sides? ( I have an otterbox case, and if the Ultra optics isnt compatible with my otterbox, i might as well get the glas.t. )

byron2302

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
gorillagard

I've just bought a gorillagard screen protector for my iPhone 4S and would recommend it, its alot easier to apply than my last screen protector which was a media devil one, has anyone else used a gorillagard SP?

manbooobs

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013

I saw this video on this screen protector on YT. It looks like it protects real well and it was recommended by my friend at school.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.