Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Apple posted a "feature" article on Staples, Inc.

http://www.apple.com/pro/design/staples/

I wonder if anyone at Apple has ever been to a Staples? Software for the Mac is non exsistant at their retail locations. At least their creative department likes Macs, I guess their sales department doesn't.

Frank (Atlanta)

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2004
Maybe not a bad way to get some reciprocity going w/Staples...

No lose for Apple in either event...they have a good PR story; may even drive sales through a channel...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I was surprised also about the article about Staples. Maybe with the notice of the creative departments use of the Mac, it will encourage greater use by the company. It could even lead to Staples carrying Mac products.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
In all fairness, Apple has pissed off a number of retailers (like Best Buy) by making them jump through lots of hoops. Some vendors just don't like to deal with Apple.

But that's a cool article.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 19, 2003
AR
wdlove said:
I was surprised also about the article about Staples. Maybe with the notice of the creative departments use of the Mac, it will encourage greater use by the company. It could even lead to Staples carrying Mac products.

They carry mac software through their online store, just not in their retail stores.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
joshuawaire said:
They carry mac software through their online store, just not in their retail stores.

Well at least I was half right. Haven't been to the online store. I do enjoy shopping at their store. They usually have what I need when it comes to supplies.

alexhb

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2004
They sell Macs at their international stores, or it might be Office Max/Office Depot. Anyway, I saw an apple article about one in Mexico City being realy good, at their retailer branding website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.