Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Just got this one via FedEx today and love it.
http://www.vajacases.com

tap442is_M.jpg

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Can't imagine a $200 case protects any better than a $50 case. And even $50 cases can have looks.

iSlanderous

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
i bought the apple case. 40$ for a flap is expensive to me. I like it because it lets me prop the device up. I would only pay top dollar or more for a case if it had utility. There is no difference between an expensive sleeve and a cheap incase sleeve. Both protect the device the same.

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
Just got this one via FedEx today and love it.
http://www.vajacases.com

tap442is_M.jpg

Wow, thats a beautiful case, what did you pay for that?

Is that the back or is that a cover for the front. If its a cover for the front that would be outstanding...

Looking at that again I realized it is the front if thats the volume control at top right. Very nice. Where does one find such treasures as these, matey?

Ah, never mind, I found it! Duh!!!

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
BTW: I purchased 2 of the Apple cases for $40 (each of course) because I wanted something to cover the front & tilt at different angles.
Then I found this very inexpensive contraption that will allow the iPad to tilt at varying degrees in portrait or landscape.
Looks like a good cheap alternative for using the keyboard I also got from Apple & for watching movies.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RL9JHC/ref=oss_product

As far as a case, I have this version as my iPhone for work & its saved my *ss more than once so Im considering the iPad version...

http://www.amazon.com/Hard-Candy-Cases-Street-iPad/dp/B0039YP0YK/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280205845&sr=8-21

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Yeah, no question it's very expensive. It's a limited edition and though it protects no better than a cheaper alternative I fell in love with it on sight, and was able to justify the added expense because I liked it so much. With shipping it was $220.

It's kind of a clamshell idea. The back is where you nestle the ipad. The sucker is never coming out of there. The top that you see kinda clamps onto the bottom. It's an interesting system.

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
I've had the Oberon Design cover for my Kindle DX, specifically the brown one in the pic above. They were fantastic! Such a great quality item. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

momzluv

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2007
Piel Frama

I love these

Attachments

• ipad case.jpg
    ipad case.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 102
  • iphone  4 case.jpg
    iphone 4 case.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 72

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
http://www.oberondesign.com/iPad.php

Pure awesomeness

6101.jpg

5917.jpg

Also, looking at the iskins myself. Anyone have a weigh-in on them?

First glance of the Oberon looks awesome but watching the video, it looks super flimsy, way too much so for me :( I would have liked if they would have reinforced the leather with some kind of rigid material to give the front and back flap structure. I also do not like the way the iPad is held in place.

I love their imbossed patters though yet I would like for them to have more choices of color.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Why anyone prefers cases that cover the bezel (that trap dust and other particles) remains a mystery to me.:confused:

That was my main criteria too. I really like to have as much of the bezel uncovered as possible. Vaja has a few that are OK, as is the SGP. One of my favorites (I am using it at the moment) is this one:
Noreve There is a thread on this with photos too. Just notice that the current design has a stand for landscape view that the original design did not have.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I just bought the SGP Vintage case - $72.99 + shipping. Really, really like it so far. Beautiful leather, well-made, fits the iPad perfectly, slim and doesn't add a lot of weight.

Attachments

• ipad_vintage_contents2.jpg
    ipad_vintage_contents2.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 109

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
The oberons may look flimsy, but they are very rugged. There were 3 layers of heavy leather on the front and back on my Kindle case. The ipad sits in there very safely (You can shake the case and the ipad is secure) and there is enough leather border around the edges that in a drop the ipad itself will never touch the floor.

I'm quite sure you'd be very pleased with the quality if you got one. I'd own one again in a second had I not liked the look of the vaja so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.