Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:21 PM   #1
catherine89
macrumors newbie

Exclamation "This accessory is not optimized for this iphone" help please

my phone has always been fine and i have had no problems with it, but today it was fine then a message popped up saying "This accessory is not optimized for this iphone- you may experience noise caused by celluar interferrance and decrease in celluar signal strength", but i havent linked it up with any accessories, and now when i try to call people i caant hear any thing unless my phone is on speaker and all other sound is totally gone. I have tried syncing it on the computer and have restarted it several times, can anyone help me please?
Thank you,
Catherine
catherine89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:05 AM   #2
magdalenka82
macrumors newbie

Unhappy This accessory is not optimized for this iphone?

Hi,
Did you find out what the problem is? I am getting the same message and I don't use any other accessories than the USB cable that came with the phone, which has always worked fine!
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by magdalenka82; Aug 17, 2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
magdalenka82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:06 PM   #3
dmk005
macrumors newbie

same problem here

Apple wants me to pay for support to troubleshoot. Ugh...
dmk005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:27 AM   #4
dmk005
macrumors newbie

I took my iPhone 3GS to an Apple Store last night where they replaced it saying that the when the message shows when there is no accessory attached it is a sign of the hardware failing. Luckily, I still had Applecare and it was replaced.
dmk005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting