Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
I've used five cases now, and the apple one is my favorite. Anyone who says it's tough to remove the iPad from this case....i don't understand. Very, very easy. Haven't had an issue with dirt. Hinge is still holding up. I think it's a great case, but i will concede that it's overpriced.

AM94

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
England
I've used five cases now, and the apple one is my favorite. Anyone who says it's tough to remove the iPad from this case....i don't understand. Very, very easy. Haven't had an issue with dirt. Hinge is still holding up. I think it's a great case, but i will concede that it's overpriced.

And it collects lint better than a feather duster... opps, that is actually a negative isn't it? Well, unless you want people thinking you're carrying a Furby rather than an iPad.

Personally, I think the case is nasty and I'm really disappointed with mine.

Poor build quality, the material is akin to light rubber that really does pick up any piece of crud on every surface it touches and the functionality is poor (especially for movie mode)

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
The old quip goes, opinions are like a*******, everyone has one and no one thinks theirs stinks.

OP, glad you like your case. I like it also. You can spend much more on a case and be disappointed. Just ask the above poster.

AM94

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
England
The old quip goes, opinions are like a*******, everyone has one and no one thinks theirs stinks.

OP, glad you like your case. I like it also. You can spend much more on a case and be disappointed. Just ask the above poster.

I'd agree with all of the above. ;)

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
And it collects lint better than a feather duster... opps, that is actually a negative isn't it? Well, unless you want people thinking you're carrying a Furby rather than an iPad.

Personally, I think the case is nasty and I'm really disappointed with mine.

Poor build quality, the material is akin to light rubber that really does pick up any piece of crud on every surface it touches and the functionality is poor (especially for movie mode)

Have you looked at the pictures of the QUirky Cloak????

THAT is what i'd call a lint trap....

My daughter has the apple one, and loves it!

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I also have not had any issues with the Apple case. No real issue with lint or dirt since it can be easily wiped off. Hinge is great and I probably had it in its "triangle" mode a majority of the time when I was using it.

I've recently moved on to the Vaja Agenda and love it equally. I wanted a leather one from the beginning and the Vaja exceeds all of my expectations.

I will still keep the Apple case in case I want to go back and have variety. :cool:

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
You are crazy.

;)

The iPad is difficult to remove from the case.
It DOES attract dust, fingerprints, and other particles it comes in contact with.
It nearly completely blocks the iPad speakers.
The seam running around the edge interferes with using the volume rocker switch.
It is not very stable in its landscape stand orientation.

Compared to the Macally Bookstand, and Yoobao V3 and V4 cases, the Apple case is inferior in virtually every way.

But if you like yours, that's all that matters.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
You are crazy.

;)

The iPad is difficult to remove from the case.
It DOES attract dust, fingerprints, and other particles it comes in contact with.
It nearly completely blocks the iPad speakers.
The seam running around the edge interferes with using the volume rocker switch.
It is not very stable in its landscape stand orientation.

Compared to the Macally Bookstand, and Yoobao V3 and V4 cases, the Apple case is inferior in virtually every way.

But if you like yours, that's all that matters.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. ;)

I like Nike sneakers but hate Converse.
shrug.gif

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
My wife & I both have the Apple case & where it isnt the best case ever made its far from the worst & we both are happy with ours.

I dont have any idea how long it will last but it seems sturdy enough & we dont have any lint troubles.

Ill probably find something else I like more in the next few months but Im not rushing out trying to replace it.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Since I got used to the Yoobao V3 and its multiple viewing angles, it's hard to go back to the Apple case, which is basically a good design made from lousy materials.

mrboult

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
London, England
I love my apple case cos it's simple, all black and above all THIN!

Are there any other cases people would recommend that are as thin as the apple one?

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
You're a lunatic. I hope you at least have a 64gb 3G ipad. It would be a shame to go cheap on the actual device and then spend a ton of money on cases!

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
I know this is a bump, but oh well.

I just bought this case despite all of the negative reviews. The only part I was concerned with was the collection of dust and fingerprints.

The case itself is fully functional and I can use it as a stand or for typing. The stand portion is pretty sturdy IF you have it at the perfect angle. You can't put the front cover in the notch at an angle, it has to go flush.

My case doesn't collect dust nearly as bad as people say. They must live in Somme awful places or something, and mine doesn't collect fingerprints at all. I am a clean freak, and this case matches my needs to a perfection. Mine doesn't get dirty at all and I have used it outside, in diners, on cars, etc. I love it, I am very glad I bought it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.