Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Is there a verison of iPhoto that works on a pc?

No. iPhoto is an Apple iLife exclusive.

EDIT: Well, if you consider that a Mac is a PC that can legitimately run OS X, then the point could be argued.
However, if the question is rephrased "Is there a version of iPhoto for Windows?", the answer remains no.

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I use Windows Live Photo Gallery 2010 (for Windows Vista & 7) to manage my photos on Windows, if you're interested. It seems to work pretty well and gets the job. I like the facial recognition built into it. But I haven't used iPhoto, despite owning a copy, so I can't give a comparison.

Check it out at: http://windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I used Picasa, and while it was good at the time, I feel it's become bloated and I don't like the service that it runs in the background while it's closed. Windows Live Photo Gallery is pretty nice, not bloated, but the newest version (which I believe is where the link goes) still has some bugs. I'd use the current release and just update when the updates rolls around.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I would jump on the chance to be able to run iPhoto on Windows :p

Apple sells software to drive hardware sales. There's no motivation for apple to produce iphoto for windows. Yeah there are some exceptions like safari, but in general, apple sells hardware and uses software to leverage that.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Apple sells software to drive hardware sales. There's no motivation for apple to produce iphoto for windows. Yeah there are some exceptions like safari, but in general, apple sells hardware and uses software to leverage that.

A supporting point: iTunes for Windows. It's not as smooth-running as the OS X version, but it's there to enable hardware sales (iPod/iPhone/iPad) to users in the sizable Windows market. Adoption of the iDevices often leads to exploration of other Apple products such as the iMac or Mac mini (aka the Halo Effect) and thus more hardware sales.

KirkL

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
United States
I used Picasa, and while it was good at the time, I feel it's become bloated and I don't like the service that it runs in the background while it's closed. Windows Live Photo Gallery is pretty nice, not bloated, but the newest version (which I believe is where the link goes) still has some bugs. I'd use the current release and just update when the updates rolls around.

Agreed. Picasa used to be good but it's really bloated now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.