Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mva68

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Just wondering if it is still possible to get the 1 year free Apple TV+ when buying Iphone / Ipad / Macbook etc.
Was planning to buy the new Iphone next month.

The link to the page to check eligibility is not working anymore.
https://offers.appletvapp.apple/
"this content is not available anymore"

Although the general page is still accessible: https://offers.appletvapp.apple/

Will it still be possible to have the 1 year free subscription when ordering next month?
Did Apple give an expiration date of the offer.

Reactions: Donfor39

mva68

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Thanks, but there also when clicking "Check eligibility" I end up at a standard page offering the 7-day free trial...

I heard rumours Apple will change the offer to a lesser time period (3 months, 6 months?)

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Thanks, but there also when clicking "Check eligibility" I end up at a standard page offering the 7-day free trial...

I heard rumours Apple will change the offer to a lesser time period (3 months, 6 months?)
If you haven't used the trial previously, you need to use the Check Eligibility from the new device. If that's what you are doing and you see the 7-day free trial, it means you have used the trial previously.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I received my new iPhone mini yesterday and once i got it set up, I saw in settings that I was offered 1 free year of Apple TV and I accepted. What is interesting is I changed Apple ID recently and I am using the new Apple ID with the mini. I already had Apple TV free with what used to be my main Apple ID. So, I now have it free on 2 different ID’s. The latter (old ID) is set to expire on 2.21.21.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I just made a second appleid and used that one, the first time I logged into my new iPhone. It offered me the 1 year free again. Once that was done, I logged into my normal iCloud account. The only downside is that I need to switch back and forth between apple ids in the "Media & Purchases" section depending on what I want to do.

Reactions: Donfor39

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
The only downside is that I need to switch back and forth between apple ids in the "Media & Purchases" section depending on what I want to do.
That would be a HUGE downside for me, and a major pain in the neck just to get something for free.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
As long as I don’t have to switch my iCloud account which means my contacts, calendar and most importantly Photos stay, I am fine with switching the store. The one thing it would wipe is offline music but I don’t use Apple Music

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I think that was just for last year and the iPhone 11. I haven’t seen it advertised in the USA but not sure about other countries

RoundAreWay

Suspended
Oct 15, 2020
It was for any new apple device with a screen, actually. But Im not sure if the offer its still available.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
It was only last year for the iPhone 11's. Verizon offered it again for free this round if you purchased the 12 series phone.

RoundAreWay

Suspended
Oct 15, 2020
I was reading just now on twitter, that some users bought an ipad and they found the 1 free year promo when they opened the Applt TV app.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
Still being offered but you only get it once so if you had a device last year that you used for the free year you don’t get another one.

Reactions: Givmeabrek

bobmans

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2020
It's still going, it's only one year/user though so if you purchased an 11 last year (or any other device that has the promo) you won't get it again when purchasing another device that has the promo.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Still being offered but you only get it once so if you had a device last year that you used for the free year you don’t get another one.
Not necessarily, I received and activated the promo with my 11 PM and again this year for my 12 PM both times using the same Apple ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.