Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
This one confuses me. I did run the beta's and GM of Sierra, and had done an update with the release version from the app store. Yesterday, I got a message that updates were available. When I looked to see what it was, it was the new 10.12.1 beta. Last night, it installed itself.

My issue is that I do not have the option to install beta's turned on, as shown in the photo. In fact, there is no option for running beta's...
App Store 2016-09-23 08-02-12.png

I seem to remember on 10.11 that there was a checkbox for installing beta releases. How do I un-enroll from the beta updates? Thanks!!

the1payday

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Amarillo, TX
I'm in the same boat. I un-enrolled my Mac from the beta releases via the checkbox in the settings app, but 10.12.1 showed up for me as well. Can't get the App Store to un-see the update. Really annoying.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I'm in the same boat. I un-enrolled my Mac from the beta releases via the checkbox in the settings app, but 10.12.1 showed up for me as well. Can't get the App Store to un-see the update. Really annoying.

See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/opt-out-of-future-betas-10-12-1-beta.2000139/

But, long story short, do as you've done and opt out in the App Store preferences and then run

sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog

Update should disappear when App Store is restarted

RumorzGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
Guam, Mariana Islands, U.S.A.
See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/opt-out-of-future-betas-10-12-1-beta.2000139/

But, long story short, do as you've done and opt out in the App Store preferences and then run

sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog

Update should disappear when App Store is restarted

Just a quick explanation for those of you who do not understand what that Terminal command does.

Basically, it switches Software Update from the beta catalog to the default public catalog, so that betas no longer appear in the App Store.

Reactions: roland.schemers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.