Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naty2k

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2016
Since 10.12.4 my boot drive seems corrupted in some way at least that's what disk utility tells me... Would you mind running first aid on your boot partition and tell me if you also get an exit code 8?
Because of that error I am unable to partition my boot drive which prevents me from installing windows via bootcamp...

jimckimmel

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
Since 10.12.4 my boot drive seems corrupted in some way at least that's what disk utility tells me... Would you mind running first aid on your boot partition and tell me if you also get an exit code 8?
Because of that error I am unable to partition my boot drive which prevents me from installing windows via bootcamp...

If you restart, you might find your system unboitable and you probably may be worse than you think.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now, but this is the third Public Beta 1 since 10.12 started where the update hosed my computer (shuts down at boot) and disk utility tells me exit code 8 and can't repair. This is on my mid-2012 retina MacBook Pro (16GB Ram/768GB ssd). Only way I found to get around it is time machine restore and then reinstall the latest beta which seems to work fine the second time around (haven't tried it yet because last night's restore finished earlier this morning and I haven't had a chance to re-install 10.12.5 PB1 yet).

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hi!

Any sign of APFS on 10.12.5?

Yes, I know it will probably come with macOS 11 (or 10.13, ugly!), but I was hoping it would be a reality with some update like with iOS 10.3

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere

no error here... not running bootcamp/windows tho...

jimckimmel

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
no error here... not running bootcamp/windows tho...

Interesting point. I am running bootcamp. But this did not happen with all PB1s released and Bootcamp was not impacted (could still boot into Windows and run that normally) when MacOS was not bootable.

johns4949

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
10.12.4 Safari Chrome Mail all have to be forced to shut down. Chrome not even executed and shows as running and needing force shutdown. Inactivity causes any program that uses the internet to freeze. Have to force all down and restart MacBook.

johns4949

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
10.12.4 Safari Chrome Mail all have to be forced to shut down. Chrome not even executed and shows as running and needing force shutdown. Inactivity causes any program that uses the internet to freeze. Have to force all down and restart MacBook.

Looks like Norton Security is causing the problems. Turn off auto and idle scans until Symantec fixes their problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.