Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djjuice, Mar 15, 2003.
i speculate there will be no 10.2.5 and we will not see an OS X update until 10.3
I doubt that, we will see other small updates before 10.3 .
We haven't heard of lots of 10.3 rumors and when it is coming... it might be a while.
I think that there will be one more in June or July to hold us until the end of September when they release 10.3.
Then, hopefully, 10.3.1 will come swiftly along to correct those problems 10.3 introduces.
I dont know maybe the Mail interface stuff (actually i dont they might hold thta off until 10.3) Oh I dont know its 12:00........penguin...iChat visdeo conferencing.....iWorks (in 10.3) www.thinksecret.com ......penguin-out
question: I switched 3 days before 10.2 was released how high did it go in the 10.1.x?
10.1.5, 10.0.x went to .0.4
so maybe we'll go to 10.2.6
i like mettalicpenguins logic and i am enclined to follow similar lines of nonsense. therefore i change my speculative opinion to that in line with the metal penguin: because 10.0.x went to 10.0.4 and 10.1.x went to 10.1.5 10.2.x will obviously go to 10.2.6!!!!
since i installed 10.2.4 my hard drive is scratching a LOT and its driving me crazy..
i hope apple will fix that in 10.2.5
A rounding error causes us to jump directly to 10.2.6?
Oh, maybe not then.
I'd back-up your hard drive. At school we had an iMac that was scratching its hard drive and the next day it died.
I think the next update will be 10.3
i dont expect a 10.3 dev build till WWDC
I just saw 10.2.5, 6L11, 38.2 megs I think.
10.2.5 = Most Likely
Given the amount of problems introduced by 10.2.4, not to mention long standing 10.2.x bugs, glitches and omissions, I am going to summon up a little audacity and guess that there will be an update and it will come within a month.
Whether it is labeled as 10.2.5 or 10.2.4.5 is irrelevant. There is a large number of people who are understandably upset with Apple about 10.2.4. The biggest of these seems to be that the upgrade is draining the battery on the iBooks and the CMOS battery on some Power Macs. The disconnecting dialups and the date problems seem to be pretty annoying.
Then of course there is everybody's favorite: the fix_prebinding feature.... err, bug... err... <beachball keeps on spinning>
I did a quick search about 10.2.5 a few minutes ago, and I came up with this list of updates/improvements.
-PBRead Bug in Classic Fixed
- NSApplication, NSMenu:Keyboard shortcuts now work better
- Syncing window updates to VBL Fixed
-Insertion cursor now stops blinking when MLTE's kTXNReadMask is on
- Random texture corruption problem fixed
- Date Reset to December 31, 1969 bug fixed
- QuickDraw's handling of Pict files improved
- Darwin's IPSec implementation improved
- TCP and slowstart on local networks performance improved
- WebServices' boolean interpretation in xml -rpc method results now returns correct result
- WebServices Framework and integer serialization compatibility fixed.
- XML-RPC Client support fixed when XML-RPC server returns an empty item
- DNS agent works better now and when DNS server asks for TCP
- BlitFloat32ToSInt16 now returns correct result when a device has more than 2 channels
- Sound Manager now uses kAudioDevicePropertyIOProcStreamUsage property to determine which channels to use.
- Sound Manager now sets the kAudioDevicePropertyIOProcStreamUsage property.
- Windows 2000 Server file permission problem fixed.
- Carbon File System support for denyWrite and denyRead/denyWrite on AppleShare volumes.
-Snappiness is improved
The following systems have been updated unspecifically:
-Modem Line Testing
- Graphics (Games / OpenGL Applications)
- Bluetooth Devices Support
- Managed Client Environments
- Audio Devices Support
- XML/RPC Applications Support
- File Sharing to SMB and AFP Volumes
Are you guys ready for the list of problems? Here it is:
- Sound is broken on PowerMac Dual 800 Mhz machines. Playing any sound will hang machine.
That solves a lot of my problems, I hope Apple releases it soon.
But I still want multi-speaker sound support. Also does anyone know if joypads work in OS X, I have not tried them since 10.1.3 .
I've got a roommate who's always scratching his butt, do you think he'll die too?
No offense, man, but after looking at your signature, it sounds like you have some problems as well.
Seriously, though, I agree on the back-up issue. If you are going to get another replacement internal drive, you may want to use an IBM above all else. I know people gathering more negatives about, say, Segate than positives.
did i just hear you reconmend an ibm drive as reliable? this requires a little clarification i think... =) if reliability is really your thing, don't get a deskstar. you can probably trust the other models, but deskstars are notoriously short lifed and unreliable. they are cheap though. so what do you expect.
i would trust the other models however, such as ibm's newer 120gb 09N4249 (it doesn't have a code name which i find strange)
anyway, yeah. ibm..... is not exactly #1, though i use them. because they are the most affordable.
10.2.5 is at 6L11 and should end around 6D42.
10.2.6 will be the last build for the jaguar series. then we will be in a wait for 10.3.
why do you say there will be a 10.2.6? thinksecret seems to think 10.2.5 will be it until 10.3
If there is enough bugs to fix and a big enough time frame between OS update I see a big reason for an update to 10.2.6
Haha... my sister went on my comp at one point and changed my sig. Actually right now i do need a haircut, but i've always been to lazy to fix it.