Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
The entire screen scrolls upward to show white text on a black background:

Exception state (sv=0x00336230) previously dumped as "Latest" state, skipping...

:confused: :eek: :confused:

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says.....how many times has this happened? If only once, it is an "incident" - not a bug...if it has happened multiple times then there may be a problem but perhaps it is only with your system....I think it is a bit early to be crying "major bug"....oh yeah!

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
It's happening every other day after I've been running Folding@Home for some time, or a game that's memory intensive, or ... nothing in particular.

Edot

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
pimentoLoaf said:
It's happening every other day after I've been running Folding@Home for some time, or a game that's memory intensive, or ... nothing in particular.

Maybe you have bad ram. Try switching it out with another stick or removing one of the sticks if you have two. Swap them out until it doesn't do it anymore, and if it still does it then I don't know.:p If parts of the OS are loaded into the bad RAM then a crash would be likely.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
pimentoLoaf said:

Exception state (sv=0x00336230) previously dumped as "Latest" state, skipping...

That probably isn't a bug, it's just an odd kernel panic message. Odds are that you've either got a hardware problem, like bad RAM, or some critical component of Mac OS X is corrupted.

boomtopper

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2004
UK Huddersfield
I get this problem also. I get it on my 1.6 g5. It seems to do it after a certain period of time. But the security update seems to have fixed it for me.

random1

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2003
pimentoLoaf said:

I get the same error. It has happened three times so far, a few days apart. Three times is too many for random chance, I think, but bad RAM would probably fail more often. So my amateur guess is OS corruption(I hope, as that's easy enough to deal with).
Anyone else with advice/info?

Edot

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
pimentoLoaf said:
Tech Tool Pro 4 says the RAM is perfect, so that's not the problem. :cool:

Gotta be the current X.3.5 (Build 7M34) release.

What kind of hardware is everyone who is having this problem running? Any peripherals you are using? Software? The more details the faster an answer can be found.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
This happened to me

During a capture in FCP 4.5 to external FW800 drive.

Attachments

• IMGP3409.jpg
    IMGP3409.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 157

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Had another one yesterday whilst trying to connect to the 'net. Internet Connect tried about four times and then during the fifth, the mouse cursor jerked a bit and the "exception state" text scrolls up.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Xff

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2004
I got this error for the 2nd time...

I have a 15" PB, 1.25 Ghz, 1 GB ram, Superdrive...

It happened twice when I opened the laptop, it was in sleep mode...

only few software were running, quicktime, preview, camino, that's all I believe....

DocrSeuss

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2004
10.3.5 Exception State Error Hell

I keep getting this bugger on my G4 12" PowerBook - RAM check passed, Diswarrior soted everythig, cleaned cache - still happens randomly - especially while using wireless or wired networking - file transfers. I've reported this to the developer bug site - perhaps you guys should send your $0.02 to them too so they can figure out what they seemed to screw up with 10.3.5

ohmary

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2004
Exception state (sv=0x00336230) etc...

black scrolling screen:

Exception state (sv=0x00336230) previously dumped as "latest" state, skipping...

I have had this problem about half a dozen times now. I have an iMac. I'm no egghead, so excuse me if I can't be more specific. I have had my computer in the shop three times now, and they have replaced the logic board, changed the hard drive, and added ram.
Then it happened again yesterday.
It only happens when I am attempting to connect to the internet (I have dial-up).

Any ideas? I feel like my computer is in the shop more than my car is! :confused:

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
It's more than likely NOT a hardware problem, so stop taking it into the shop over this -- simply switch the thing off (for about a minute) and then restart.

Have just downloaded the 10.3.6 update, so maybe things have been corrected.

CLPA

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2004
Major 10.3.6 black screen crash, no panic log

Twice, under 10.3.5 and 10.3.6 I've gotten the black screen of death, with
Exception state (sv=xxxxx)
previously dumped as “latest” state, skipping ...

scrolling ad infinitum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.