Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2007
CA
I may have missed this in other threads, but I just noticed that one key feature of gmail appears not to work...that is, auto fill in for names from the address book.

If I choose to compose in a new window, it functions correctly, but not within the gmail pane itself. This works normally in Firefox and on PCs with IE7 or Safari. Anyone come up with a fix? I tried to restart Safari, with no change.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
Can someone explain to me how to to downgrade to .10? my mini is running slower then ever with .11:(

I don't know how to downgrade by .1, but when 10.4.10 'sploded AirPort in my mom's iMac, I just had to archive and install then run Software Update and install everything back except 10.4.10.

1mtony

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2007
Safari crashes after 10.4.11 update

Safari crashes after 10.4.11 update - every time after closing a window,- very often when trying to use a link within a window- when ever i quit the program ( every time asking me if I want to report the crash to apple)

Help !!

Running a G4 with lots of ram and a 1.8Ghz processor No such problems before the update.

HappyFox05

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2007
Milford, KS
I may have missed this in other threads, but I just noticed that one key feature of gmail appears not to work...that is, auto fill in for names from the address book.

Another key feature of gmail isn't working here (actually, gmail account on apple mail) - the downloading of mail. To me, that's one of the two biggest "key" features of an email program - the sending & receiving of mail. :) Figuring out how to reinstall now....

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Man,

The Apple software development team is really out to lunch these days, aren't they? :rolleyes: Poor, poor showing from Apple lately. They need to put their damn iPhones down and do some WORK.

kaiwai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Christchurch
Another key feature of gmail isn't working here (actually, gmail account on apple mail) - the downloading of mail. To me, that's one of the two biggest "key" features of an email program - the sending & receiving of mail. :) Figuring out how to reinstall now....

Aye, I've been using gmail with Apple Mail without any problems. What settings are you using?

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Does Apple change its software updates (as in, 10.4.11 packages will change over time) as they fix bugs and stuff? With all the problems that people experience, it seems like they would?

Anyways, I've still put off installing 10.4.11 and buying Leopard. :eek:

kaiwai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Christchurch
Does Apple change its software updates (as in, 10.4.11 packages will change over time) as they fix bugs and stuff? With all the problems that people experience, it seems like they would?

Anyways, I've still put off installing 10.4.11 and buying Leopard. :eek:

No they don't. The 10.4.11 of today will be the same in 2 years time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.