Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slimflem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
I could use some verification on something because I either missed this in 10.4.3 or it's new in 10.4.4. First, I know you could always hold drop a Widget on the desktop by holding the mouse/left button down while dragging a Widget out and pressing F12 before letting the mouse button go. This would place it on the desktop until you open Dashboard again.

What seems different is now that that you can do the reverse of this to put it back on the Dashboard, or you can press Option while moving the mouse over the Widget that's on the desktop and the close X appears. Is this new to 10.4.4 or did I miss this in 10.4.3?

Also, I have a PrefPane that says it allows Widgets on the desktops, but I have this turned off. What's other peoples experience with this? Can someone with 10.4.3 try this out?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yes Dashboard acts the same for me. the option button to close was existing functionality. however i don't know of any Preference Pane for the Widgets

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.