Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
pdpfilms said:

without any comments - I'm not sure what kind of discussion CubaTBird had in mind, but I see a list of problems vague enough to get most folks nodding their heads. I imagine this is the list of problems Vista will solve. Or a feeler to see which ones people respond to - and therefore which Vista feature to market. My 2 cents.

ejb190

macrumors 65816
10 Signs You've Outgrown Your Business Software
1. The level of user complaints has risen significantly.
2. Employees ask to add non-authorized software to the system.
3. You can't fulfill requests for information from partners or customers in their preferred format and timeframe.
4. You're still not making full use of the Internet.
5. You have gaps between front-end and back-end systems that are plugged by unsatisfactory customized solutions.
6. The software inhibits users from completing tasks.
7. You have multiple, non-integrated information stores.
8. You find yourself contemplating hiring contractors to write add-ons.
9. Support costs have risen.
10. You don't have enough support resources.

Well... I could see 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8 as a sign that you picked the wrong software to start with... And it seems I do number 2 where ever I go!!! (Was that what I wanted to say?)

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
ejb190 said:
Well... I could see 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8 as a sign that you picked the wrong software to start with... And it seems I do number 2 where ever I go!!! (Was that what I wanted to say?)

You should get a handle on that,,, doing number 2 everywhere you go is rather anti social... :D

I bet we could use this same list as reasons to buy software, training, consulting, widgets, gadgets, and doo hickeys. These are all fairly common problems in a business setting. And part of selling is gettting a customer to reflect on their problems, and how the seller is going to fix them and make everyting better! And of course, MS has links to finding a MS Certified group, etc.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
it was actually a double post.. yeah i originally posted this just to show microsoft's reasons to upgrade to more recent versions of their software.. whether it be office or windows etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.