Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple.Pro publishes an unverified image of what claims to be the back cover of the iPhone 5. The shell is white with 2 distinct holes in it. One for the camera, and the other presumably for the camera flash. Apple.Pro can't verify the authenticity of the image.

The image comes a week after the revelation of a iPhone 5 case which also had an extra hole that was believed to be for the camera flash. That case has since been removed from the original vendor site.

Article Link: A Possible Photo of the Back Part of the iPhone 5

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Never mind the iPhone case, but is that a Twitter for Mac copy in the background?

I also love the amount of advertisement on some of these images #scarcasm.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
How effective would a flash be that far away?

Effective as in illuminating the subject or taking a better photo?

For a) I think it would be effective, since most cameras do have a flash somewhat apart from the lens.

for b) As for improving anything? There was some talk that there might be a slight advantage, but one advantage would be avoiding some issues that the white iPhone 4 had with its flash. Apple slightly redesigned the iPhone 4 camera and flash in the final white iPhone 4s, presumably due to some issues.

arn

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
I'm really not a fan of the flash being all by itself on the right side of the iPhone. I like it being right next to the camera for whatever reason. Maybe it will grow on me... :rolleyes:

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
Starting to feel like an iPhone launch is closer than September. The timing of the recent leaks feels like the typical few weeks before a launch, not the few months others are suggesting.

That's just the vibe I get. Who knows?!

Cheerwino

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2011
S.C.
This must be a fake. The iPhone 5 I ordered today from the fellow in Nigeria was all glass and curved. I'm even getting it for free once I deposit Prince Gnumbutee's inheritance in my bank account.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
Starting to feel like an iPhone launch is closer than September. The timing of the recent leaks feels like the typical few weeks before a launch, not the few months others are suggesting.

That's just the vibe I get. Who knows?!

That's exactly what I intended to write.

legacy fan

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
I'd like to see the apple logo on the back illuminate in call etc like my MBPro. Otherwise the ip4 is rolling fine for me. Bring on iOS 5

propynyl

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
I think this stuff is real. Lately the prelaunch leaks (ala iPad 2) have been dead on. But, this is a boring design. Each new iPhone makes the last one look old and retro. How can they ever do that to the stunning iPhone 4? I guess larger screen would work.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Who cares about the back? Some previous "leaks" have already shown that the iPhone 5's camera flash is on the other side of the back. What we do care is whether there will be a larger edge to edge screen or any curved glass on the FRONT! :D

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Who cares about the back? Some previous "leaks" have already shown that the iPhone 5's camera flash is on the other side of the back. What we do care is whether there will be a larger edge to edge screen or any curved glass on the FRONT! :D

Well any rumor is better than no rumor.

The more rumors like this that come out, the more I am hopeful the iphone 5 is coming out very soon.

Jamie 360

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Boston
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

moebius said:
What is in the middle of the apple logo? another hole?

It would be pretty bad ass if the apple logo lit up when the flash goes off!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.