Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
I switched over to a new iPhone 4 last night. Today I keep seeing unread messages in my Inbox that ahve no subject, no sender, no content and are showing the date 12/31/69. They aren't coming in at the top of my inbox, it's almost like it's converting old messages.

Any idea what might be causing that?

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I saw some as well. They had no subject but not sure about date. I was thinking that they just did not complete or something. Not sure if they just went away or I deleted them. I recommend you login to mm on the web since that is the master copy.

nachos4twoo

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
Solution!!

had same issue with my mobile me email on iphone as well

solution

open mail on iphone

hold power button till slide to turn off comes on

then let go of power button and hold home button down till iphone goes back to home screen

this force quits or resets mail, the email issue is resolved when you relaunch app

ldkaplan

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
N. Georgia
I had this issue, all of the emails send No Sender as well.

This was for a Gmail account. I ended up deleting the account on the iphone and set it back up.

FWW

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I keep getting this as well.

Gmail account.

easier way to fix:

Double tap home button (brings up multitasking pane)
Tap and hold one of the open apps (enabling app kill)
Kill mail app
Tap home button once
Reopen Mail

EDIT: Anecdotal observation... It seems to only happen on Facebook update emails.

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
Mine seems to have cleared on its own. I think maybe it was some kind of sync issue between my new phone and MM. About 14 hours after setting up my phone all was normal. I didn't do anything to fix it, it cleared itself.

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
I'm having this problem as well. I posted on the Apple Support site last night along with a bunch of other people. I'm getting between one and four of these emails a day. It's particularly frustrating because I can neither open the emails nor delete them. Sometimes if I turn it off and then on they go away.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I had that issue when I first updated my iPhone 3G to iOS4, but it fixed itself somehow within a few hours and I haven't gotten a similar email since.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
This is a bug in iPhone 4.0 software, not MobileMe - it happens with Gmail and other email service as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.