Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleepynanners

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
If my laptop either goes into sleep mode, or if I close it then open it later, it freezes. It will come back from the black screen, but the mouse cursor is no where to be found. I have to manually restart the computer, which in turn makes strange grunting noises at me. It eventually starts the computer back up, but only after 5 minutes of a blank blue screen. Any help would be fantastic, the nearest apple store is 30 miles away.

cheers.

dhan

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2004
sleepynanners said:
If my laptop either goes into sleep mode, or if I close it then open it later, it freezes. It will come back from the black screen, but the mouse cursor is no where to be found. I have to manually restart the computer, which in turn makes strange grunting noises at me. It eventually starts the computer back up, but only after 5 minutes of a blank blue screen. Any help would be fantastic, the nearest apple store is 30 miles away.

cheers.

I too have the same problem on my 1.25 superdrive 15" pbook. Annoying. A very consistent problem.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I just recently had this start happening with my 1.5 ghz 15" pb. If I put it to sleep, it won't really wake up, just a black screen and I have to manually shut it down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.