Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Ok so this is a pretty simple question, but I didn't see the answer in a Google search so I figured I'd see if anyone here knew the answer.

I have an 80GB classic that is set to sync my entire music library of 14688 songs. Under 'About' on the iPod however it states that it contains 14701 songs. Where did these 13 songs come from?

Here's what they're not:
-songs left from a previous library/sync: I recently restored my iPod so it has only music from my library
-podcasts: I have 68 and they're listed separately from songs

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
MD
It's not that because the number of songs listed in my iTunes library is different from the number listed on my iPod, so there's nowhere for the duplicates to come from.

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
This has happened to me, too.

Turned out that sometimes when I would copy a playlist over from my library to my iPod some of the songs in the playlist would copy over again (for some reason), even though those were already on my iPod as part of an album.

The "compare songs" option is greyed out for me whenever I view the songs on my iPod so I just make a note of what songs are in the playlists then have iTunes search my iPod for each song until I start finding duplicates.

If anyone has a more efficient way of doing this please chime in!

Barnzee

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
Iv'e found that my music videos are listed as songs whenever I search by artist. they will actually play as an mp3 instead of a video when selected there instead of through videos.

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
The Classic is a magical device :D It waits until you are not around and buys songs on it's own. :eek:

The music video answer makes sense to me, as it allows you to both play the video and the song only. That would be my guess. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.