Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2003
Was considering a trade/buying a G3 from someone but am curious to the worth of the ibook. He said it has a new display and logic board from apple. I searched Ebay for completed auction prices, but what he wants seems a fair amount more than those went for. AFAIK there are no install discs or box or anything. Does look in good shape from the pics Ive seen though.

Thanks.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I say it's worth $400 maybe. But if it has a new display and logic board then that means something went terribly wrong with it at some point. Usually if an Apple has a logic board problem once, it will not last very long before it has another.

I say 'no deal'.

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
G3 iBooks had logic board issues that required Apple to create an extended warranty replacement plan for logic boards of affected units, so, I don't agree with the above poster to the same extent.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2003
GimmeSlack12 said:
I say it's worth $400 maybe. But if it has a new display and logic board then that means something went terribly wrong with it at some point. Usually if an Apple has a logic board problem once, it will not last very long before it has another.

I say 'no deal'.

Well, I sorta had the same thought. If all that was replaced then WTF happened to the thing. On the other hand, if those things are brand new then the unit should last a number of years. (mostly to be used for internet, music, some pics, no major applications)

$400 was the exact figure I offered, but seller wants $450, which , IMO, is too high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.