Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro (Intel Quad Core i7 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, 512MB GeForce GT 650M, OS X Lion)

Refurbished for 1,199 pounds; is this a good deal? Comes with a 11 month warranty.

Thanks.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro (Intel Quad Core i7 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, 512MB GeForce GT 650M, OS X Lion)

Refurbished for 1,199 pounds; is this a good deal? Comes with a 11 month warranty.

Thanks.

Are you trying to purchase that through Apple? That price seems higher than the original price to me, but I'll check that and then edit this post.

EDIT**

I checked everymac.com and found the original retail price to be $1,799(1,109GBP). For a refurbished unit, saving only 90 GBP seems like not very much savings and for that price I would try to find a new one somewhere.

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Are you trying to purchase that through Apple? That price seems higher than the original price to me, but I'll check that and then edit this post.

EDIT**

I checked everymac.com and found the original retail price to be $1,799(1,109GBP). For a refurbished unit, saving only 90 GBP seems like not very much savings and for that price I would try to find a new one somewhere.

Ah, but it isn't £1109 new. UK ones brand-new are £1499. If you're converting from US dollars it's not exact.

OP, that does sound like a good deal. However if you're in the UK and are a full-time student/have a student card, I'd recommend buying a new one from Apple and getting the student discount instead. This way you can save 15-20% on the price & also get free AppleCare on the system, rather than just a standard refurb.

if you're buying this refurb from Apple then it does sound like a good deal. Just be wary of third-parties. Even if there aren't any visible issues with it, something as simple as a triggered water sensor can pound you at a later date if you require a warranty repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.