Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I wouldn't take it too seriously. No one but the higher up apple employees would know anything about it, and they all know better than to tell someone.

dacapo

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
You probably got unlucky, think about how many people pick up those MBA's at the store and mess around with them, balance them, etc. When you buy a new one, it is incredibly strong.

The joints on that machine were probably worn down from all of the use.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same 'lower right corner'. I held it up by the right corner near where the trackpad is, not near the hinge. Maybe it is due to some wear or maybe it wasn't the entire chassis flexing, but there was definitely some give there in the materials. Also, of course, the MBA screen wasn't closed either, so I literally held it from the thinnest possible corner.

Of course, I never lift up any of my laptops like that, but then, none of my laptops are that light either, so never had the urge to.

MBABuyer

macrumors regular
May 4, 2011
VA
I'm not sure we're talking about the same 'lower right corner'. I held it up by the right corner near where the trackpad is, not near the hinge. Maybe it is due to some wear or maybe it wasn't the entire chassis flexing, but there was definitely some give there in the materials. Also, of course, the MBA screen wasn't closed either, so I literally held it from the thinnest possible corner.

Of course, I never lift up any of my laptops like that, but then, none of my laptops are that light either, so never had the urge to.

I meant that I picked it up by the skinny edge.

It doesn't really matter all that much though, because it feels like a solid machine overall.

67bmer

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
I was told any apple store employee would be fired for "speculating" about future products. They get no advance knowledge until things show up in inventory and or training on the new products when they are available for sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.