Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMan112

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
Every now and then, when I open the PB lid from being asleep, the computer will wake up, but the display doesn't turn on. I have to close the lid and open it again to get the display to come one.

When this happens, I have tried turning up the display and pressing the On button, but this does not do anything.

Anyone have this problem? This is the last Rev. of the Powerbook. Thanks

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
Ha, wish I could say that mine would wake simply by closing and opening again. Sometimes i have the same problem, but only solution is to hold down power button for 4 seconds....

B2O

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2005
MrMan112 said:
Anyone have this problem? This is the last Rev. of the Powerbook. Thanks

Have you recently installed Tiger? I've noticed this in the last couple of days with my not so late Rev 12" Powerbook.

Of course, the problem is not reproducible when I venture into my local AppleCentre for help . . .

MrMan112

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
B2O said:
Have you recently installed Tiger? I've noticed this in the last couple of days with my not so late Rev 12" Powerbook.

Of course, the problem is not reproducible when I venture into my local AppleCentre for help . . .
THis happened before I had Tiger. I was hoping that it would stop after I put Tiger on, but no...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I get this problem too at times, sometimes a simple close reopen the lid procedure works, other times I have to to a hard reboot.

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
When this happens to me (more often than I would like, unfortunately), I have to reboot by pressing the power button for a few seconds.

I am hoping that someone gives a good solution to it in this thread... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.