Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skuman

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Actually, hydrogen is the most abundant component in the human body. (I have a B.S. in biochemistry) With water being the most abundant molecule in the human body, and each water molecule, H2O, containing two hydrogens and one oxygen, there are twice as many hydrogen as oxygen from the water alone. In fats and carbs and protein, hydrogen is more abundant than any other element. So, the sum of all parts shows hydrogen to be the most abundant. Believe me, I work in a lab eight hours a day, five days a week, and I've been doing this for many years since I graduated. I know this, I'm not just guessing.

The list was probably calculated by weight rather than number of moles.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
The list was probably calculated by weight rather than number of moles.

Oh, I figured it was by weight, but since the person posting that seemed so confident and hadn't indicated it was by weight, I just wanted to make him/her stop and think for a moment. I am glad to see that another human being out there understands the difference between %weight and %moles. :)

BitShifter01

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2009
I think you missed it

What about the time they spent actually writing the Operating System for the iPhone and all the cool features and bleeding edge technology that is bundled into this phone? I think people forget how expensive software can be and all the time that is spent in making software. Yes I'm a developer so I may be a little biased :D.

This is my 3rd iPhone so to me it is worth it. On the other hand, I don't think $100 pair of jeans is worth it. it all depends on what people are willing to pay for a product. Everyone has different wants/needs...

just my $.02 worth :)
BitShifter01

grapefruitx

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
well sort of explains why its about 400 quid here in the UK, by the time it hits the street, For me too expensive needs to be about half that (some chance)

danjferguson

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2009
Don't forget AT&T has costs in processing and getting those customers. Supposedly it costs a couple hundred dollars just to set someone up with an account taking into account the advertising, processing, paying employees who are doing the work etc. Really the only complaint I have on the prices of anything is the text/data package. I can see paying $30 for unlimited data, but every carrier is charging another $20 per month for unlimited texting. There shouldn't even be an option for anything less than unlimited. It should just be a flat rate. Texting package is $10 bucks. Stop allowing these cheapskate customers to have $250 messages for $5. It is $5!!! At least on AT&T I keep my rollover minutes and can use up all that service I paid for already, unlike with Verizon where if you don't use it you lose it.

I'm perfectly fine with the price of the phone. I think it is fair for one of the best electronic devices ever created.

danjferguson

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2009
This price is only for raw material cost, people are forgetting: R&D, ads, taxes and don'y forget that their software is super cheap

taxes are either already lumped into a price of a product or added on after the fact to pass on to the consumer. Governments are never going to let us forget about taxes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.