Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
I pre-ordered an album a month ago and when it was finally available one of the 'bonus pre-order songs' did not download. So I sent Apple a short message asking if my download did not complete or if that song was dropped by the artist/label. I really didn't expect anything to come of it.

Month and a half later I get an apology from iTMS plus a $9.99 credit to my account. Totally unexpected but it really made my day. :)

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Yup - downloaded 'Some Cities' by Doves and the first two tracks were corrupted. I emailed them and got the refund back within the week. Like you I was really surprised that it worked, but it's a good thing that they do respond in this way. I subsequently found out that the masters supplied by the record company were corrupted, and everyone who downloaded on the first day of release got the dodgy versions.

As I recall, there is an iTMS feedback page with a box you can use for emailing them. Didn't believe it would work before I tried, but was happy to be proved wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.