Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Since beginning of ipad os 16 there have been a notification in the middle of the screen when playing video in fullscreen on safari.
i have reported it several times with no luck.
The notification say ex. “Youtube is now in fullscreen swipe down to close” it is overlaying the middle screen playbutton for about 2-3 seconds so you have to wait these seconds to press play.. it is super annoying and waste of time but also looks so unpolished with playbutton and that notification overplaying each other.

Also the top bar showing wifi, time and battery etc. is also experiencing problems with overlay from the browser screen behind

check the added picture

Quick calculation… say you watch 100 videos a day… which is not uncommon with video length today.
that is 100x2seconds time x 365 days that is 20.2 hours a year of waiting for that message to go away! that is in my case 2 days of my freetime a year! wasted

I find it ugly and unprofessional that an errors like this can exist for this long and especially when using a 2000$ device .. it seems apple does not even take the bug reports serious or maybe even read them

I can see on reddit and apple own forum people complain about this

In these links please provide feedback to apple so these problems can be fixed:

Apple feedback assistant: (ipad os/safari)

Apple community:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254794022?sortBy=best

one more apple community post about this:

yet another apple community post:

I could go on there are several more about the same

IMG_0110.jpeg

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
After the update to 17.4 I seem to have periodically overlay in the top of the fullscreen in safari not going away.

This example is from youtube
IMG_0115.jpeg

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
its drivimg me imsane man .. constant top bar in full screen ..any one else experience this?

Solution was to delete the youtube app from the ipad now no more top bar

IMG_0121.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.