Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virividox

macrumors 601
Original poster
Hi, just got my pb for school. I need recomendations

I need a big bag either a messenger or a back pack that can hold a pda, a cell phone, a cuople cds and or dvds, the adapter for the pb, an external hd and its adapter, and maybe a the canon powershot g2 camera. do any of you guys with pb have any recommendations. I will be flying home every 6 months so i wont really use it cept on flights or train trips.

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
Personally

I like Waterfield's case designs:

http://www.sfbags.com

You can get a large messenger bag, and a sleeve for the book. The sleeve can be set up so that you can use it stand alone (with D rings and strap, flaps, etc...) when you're not travelling and the large cargo bag is probably more than enough storage.

I'm waiting for them to get more RacerX's in stock.

Peter Kim

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2003
New York, NY
http://www.goincase.com/DetailLaptopPackBack.php

nobody ever writes about these guys (except for their leather laptop sleeve sold at the apple store) but i really like their Back Pack. just got mine in the mail yesterday and i think it's pretty damn close to perfect. not too big, not too small, stylish, simple, holds everything you listed, even has sleeves for cd's and credit cards. it's comfortable to carry and has separate areas for the laptop and other stuff.

oh yeah, and it's only $80! i just went to their site and they're throwing in a free ipod belt now. check it out, you'll love it.

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
Dude, if you are looking at getting a messenger bag, the ONLY bag to get is a Timbuk2

Their website is http://www.timbuk2.com

These are the bags that professional messengers use. They have a lifetime warranty. I've had mine for 3 years and have had no problems. You can completely customize them from the company and pick the colors and materials you want. Their craftsmanship is top notch, it has to be with the way these bags get abused by bike messengers!

They even make a 17" powerbook sleeve if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: changed massengers to messengers

jzieske

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2003
Bloomington, MN
The Brenthaven Bags are great I have one for my TiBook and could not be happier. The only down side that I have found is there is so much room that I tend to bring things that I don;t need. Oh Well.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Tom Bihn makes really nice messenger style bags and backpack solutions for laptops. My wife uses the ID, which is nice because the laptop compartment is a seperate item it can be removed and carried seperately when you run out of room in the bag. I'm using a $40 Monolith inside my regular Kelty backpack. (I didn't want to buy a new backpack when I got my PB.) Good, tough, made in the USA bags.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.