Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logicpro7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
London UK
i recently owned a powerbook 17" but have only used it working from home.when the new mbp C2D was released i placed an order and went for a new 17" :D

now i am really thinking if i have made the right decision. i was on the apple configure page for about an hour trying to decide 15" or 17"? 15" or 17"? 15" or 17"? :eek: etc. due the 17's portability,or lack of .

i may have to use this new mbp out and about in the near future,and wanted to know how you mobile 17" owners get on? do you have problems using it in coffee shops,on trains,or generaly out and about?
on another note the measurements are not that bigger than a 15"mbp only about just over an inch longer and just under an inch wider so im thinking thats no big deal.

i can still cancel online ATM,and re-order a 15".

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
You're going to be a little cramped on a train, and you might be little cramped desk-space wise in a coffee shop, depending on how big the table is!

The 15" is just barely portable for me, but everyone has different opinions as to what they want to carry around.

meepm00pmeep

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2006
Toronto
i haven't run into any problems with it yet... but i haven't tried it out at a coffee shop or train, so i couldn't tell you. so far so good, and i'm loving it.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
I say don't worry, the 17-inch is portable once you get used to carrying it around. Personally, I avoid the coffee shops because of spills...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.