Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
So, I just finished some murals for my school of instruments...

3755f5a2.jpg

But, now that they are all hung up, we need one that says "BHS Music." I would like it to be in a 1970s style font, similar to this:

b326c041.jpg

Or this:

7a9a88f2.jpg

But, I don't have those fonts, and don't want to spend that much on something I might use once.

Idealy, it would be diagonal down canvas (same size as the canvas's (sp??) above) with the "BHS" and then "Music" horizontal across the bottom.

I can take a computer generated graphic and project it onto the surface. Anyone?

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
Plymouthbreezer said:
So, I just finished some murals for my school of instruments...

3755f5a2.jpg

But, now that they are all hung up, we need one that says "BHS Music." I would like it to be in a 1970s style font, similar to this:

b326c041.jpg

Or this:

7a9a88f2.jpg

But, I don't have those fonts, and don't want to spend that much on something I might use once.

Idealy, it would be diagonal down canvas (same size as the canvas's (sp??) above) with the "BHS" and then "Music" horizontal across the bottom.

I can take a computer generated graphic and project it onto the surface. Anyone?

those look like rip-offs from the classic font "Bauhaus". do you have that? Im sure thats what your use to seeing....especially in that era

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I think you can get Bauhaus 93 (and also a similar font called Braggadocio) if you install MS Office 2004. I even think you'll get it with the test drive.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    5 KB · Views: 2,227
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,647

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
i typed it in illustrator and outlined the font for you so you dont need the font. you will be apple to manipulated it however you want. good luck.

you do have illustrator dont you? if not you can rasterize it in photoshop or place the file in a page layout program.

Attachments

• BHS.zip
    223.2 KB · Views: 198

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Cool stuff guys, keep up the input.

Here's what I have after playing a little (see attachment).

Suggestions, ideas??

Attachments

• BHSMusicLogo.jpg
    BHSMusicLogo.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 176

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Daveway said:
Hows about this one?

ah don't really like that one.. however i do like the inverted one.. definately shows a good contrast compraed to the other ones and will definately stand out as a visual starting point

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Daveway said:
Hows about this one?
I like it actually... I especially love how the treble clef goes into the top part of "Music."

I do think it would look more visually pleasing if the "Music" though, was in the same style font as the "BHS."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.