Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewmpalmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Hi. Here is my dilema _

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit with a I phone 4 and a I touch 16gb.

The I touch needs updating, but i do not want to update it util it sync correctly with i tunes ( which i use for all devices ) as i have an app with data on the device, and i will loose all the data, if i do not sync before i update - GOD DOES THAT MAKE SENSE !!!! ?

But it says i have different apps on itunes, and if i sync this device with ( apps syncd box clikced in the apps tab on the devices section on i tunes ) i will loose the other apps in itunes ie in the main section above i.e. loose the info from my iphone 4

I want to keep the apps on the PC from i phone 4 and add the apps from my touch and use what ones i want on each devices !! ERHGGG

Can someone give me a simple solution, as i cannot phone apple care at this time in the UK, -

Your awaiting a quick reply.

Thanks

Andrew

Nobita

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
La la land
Can't you just click "update later" and then sync the device, and the click "check for update" again?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, I'm assuming you want to update from 3.1.2 to 4.0 or something like that.

andrewmpalmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
I did not realise I could transfer purchases which I did, I have now upgraded both o/s on the devices ( ip4 and touch ) and to iTunes 10, both same issues now, will not sync photos and freezes when I try to eject devices.....blasted upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.