Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
easy one first....any word on apple holiday discounts yet?

2nd) i have a 15in powerbook thats about a year and a half old....i plan to update it in about another year and a half or 2 years with the rev b powerbooks.......im just curious as to if anyone knows how easy itd be to say copy my system prefs from my powerpc powerbook to an intel one......i understand that all the programs will have to be downloaded for their ppc counterparts and such, but i just want to be able to transfer like my system prefes, adium prefs, bookmarks, etc

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
derajfast said:
im just curious as to if anyone knows how easy itd be to say copy my system prefs from my powerpc powerbook to an intel one......i understand that all the programs will have to be downloaded for their ppc counterparts and such, but i just want to be able to transfer like my system prefes, adium prefs, bookmarks, etc

Way too early to tell but I reckon the Migration Assistant will probably work well across CPU-types. It's a pretty safe guess. :)

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
yeah thats what i figured....oh well...im in no imminent need to get a new laptop....ddr2 memory isnt backlward compatible with ddr correct?

ie i cant take out the memory in my powerbook now (ddr) and put it in the next generation powerbooks (ddr2) akin to the way usb 2.0 is backwards compatible with 1.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.