Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
1. How does sync with ipod work in iTunes? Does the iPod sync to the computer or vice versa? Reason I ask is often i will update info in iTunes (i.e Track names) and then plug in iPod. So who is the "Master Sync"?

2. How do you get the mini itunes player to come up.. I forgot how to do that.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
1. How does sync with ipod work in iTunes? Does the iPod sync to the computer or vice versa? Reason I ask is often i will update info in iTunes (i.e Track names) and then plug in iPod. So who is the "Master Sync"?

2. How do you get the mini itunes player to come up.. I forgot how to do that.
1: When you sync it takes whateve ris on the computer and puts it onthe ipod. What ever that the ipod has that the ciputer doesnt will be deleted.

2: To get the mini player just hit the green box in the upper left.

:)

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
1: When you sync it takes whateve ris on the computer and puts it onthe ipod. What ever that the ipod has that the ciputer doesnt will be deleted.

2: To get the mini player just hit the green box in the upper left.

:)

Thanks! (might to work on your shapes a bit though, that is definitely a green circle, lol)

Are you sure about number 1?

If so then how is there an "On the Go" playlist on my computer that was not created on my computer. (created on my iPod)

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
Thanks! (might to work on your shapes a bit though, that is definitely a green circle, lol)

Are you sure about number 1?

If so then how is there an "On the Go" playlist on my computer that was not created on my computer. (created on my iPod)

I tihnk the on the go playlist is the exception, the ipod has a playlist called on the go that you cna make on he go, (By holdng the center button over a song) so while you are out and about you can make a playlist.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
bingo. the computer is the "master sync" except for the On The Go playlist, which is created on the iPod and then transferred to the computer. this allows you to create a playlist while you're out - if you have the desire or necessity.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
ctrl-command-z is the same as pressing the green circle... seems like there should be a shorter one though.
Guess i was wrong,
However:
That just changes the "Zoom" in iTunes so basicaly it toggles between big and little, in most other prrams however it does not have the same effect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.