Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grneyedjay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2004
Does anyone know a good resource concerning how the 20" Cinema Display compares with the 20" Display of the iMac G5? What I am trying to find out is if they are the same display. My assumption is that the Cinema Display will be better, but I have no basis to think that other than it being a "Pro" product and the iMac being a "home" product.

Thanks!

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I say your best bet is go to an Apple store and see for yourself. One persons opinion of what is better may not be yours. My guess is they are pretty much the same.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
I agree, seeing and looking at them yourself is the best way. I was just at my local compUSA the other day, and was playing with both. Personally I think the Cinema display looks a bit better, I don't know why but it just seems more crisp. To be honest though, the iMac looks nearly just as great. But I do have to say I like the silver surrounding of the stand alone screen, compared to the white of the iMac, which I think adds a little something to the Cinema Display.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
The Cimema Displays are certified by SWOP for soft-proofing. :)

Taken directly from the Apple.com.

Attachments

• SWOP1.jpg
    SWOP1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.