Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Meh. Won't have to. It's leased.

Leasing is just a bad idea. Talk about throwing money away. If that thing gets totaled, your insurance company will pay off the balance of the lease and then you get nothing. You get zero money to buy a new car or even put a down payment on a new lease.

A friend of mine had leased a new Camry a couple years back. Long story short, after a year or so we got rear ended by a drunk driver. Car was totaled. The insurance company paid off the rest of the lease term but he was left scrambling with no money to try to find a new car.

At least when you actually buy a car and take out a loan you're gaining an asset. Then the insurance company would pay off the balance of the loan and you would get the remaining money to put towards a replacement vehicle.

That's fine, see, I don't get offended like many others on here do when you talk about my car.

That's great, but there's no need to be an ******* about it. You're not better than everyone else just because you drive a BMW. That's how your attitude comes across in your posts.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
That's fine, see, I don't get offended like many others on here do when you talk about my car.

Difference between what he said and you is he did it in a respectful manner. He posted that BMW's are not to his taste and why without insulting you for driving one.

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
If the shoe fits.

Besides, I only called his car garbage after this stupid quote...

He deserved what his car was called.

Well my "junk" is a completely street able every day driver that's
13 yrs old.

You know where your car will be in 13yrs?
The crusher.

Funny thing is, vintage Mustangs are one of the most desirable
collector cars. Far more so than BMW's. There is a reason for that.

The Mustang is the longest continually in production model in American
car production history. Wonder why? BTW Corvette is #2. Why? Junk
don't think so…...

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
That's great, but there's no need to be an ******* about it. You're not better than everyone else just because you drive a BMW. That's how your attitude comes across in your posts.

Well, normally I agree with your posts, but this one...well.

I drive a BMW, and...I'm not sure how to say this, but I am terrifically cool.:cool:

Actually, I have to take it one step more. Driving a BMW makes me...well...better than everyone else. I know it's hard for others to accept, but there it is.

Now, I must add, that even though I am better than others, I treat the little people very well...noblesse oblige, you know.:cool:

:p:p

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Underpowered? Have you even driven one? Horsepower isn't everything. The BRZ is 1000+ pounds lighter than most of these other sports cars being discussed (Mustang, Camaro). It doesn't need as much horsepower to be quick. That 2.0L boxer 4 has drawn rave reviews and won awards as one of the best t.

I have to Agree, as you can see from my posts in the thread, I have some cars that out down serious power, and are a hoot at the track.

However in California I rented a BRZ ( yes , some places have them ), And while its a lot slower than what I'm used to, I would in no way call it under powered. I spent 2 weeks with it, there's something to be said about a little lightweight sports car with a rev happy engine and a good old school manual. I loved it.

I am even considering selling my Lexus to make room in my garage. ( only have 6 bays...need more ), for one of these little guys.

It reminds me very much of the S2000 and Miata, both of which are a hoot and fun to drive. And I love that 2 liter boxer. Tho I have to admit the 2.2 9000rpm inline 4 in my old S2000 was a blast as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.