Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmt

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2009
Thanks iZero :)
I´ll look into that.
Regarding thermal paste, I´m not going there ;)
Really nice and friendly forum, I´m gonna like switching to a Mac :D

jakku

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
I will say, if yours does overheat, let Apple know immediately.

You probably won't have a problem at all, mine is now getting to 70C when playing WoW, so I am pretty happy with that.

Will try encoding a video now to see what it maxes out at.

EDIT - It got to 92C and sat there.

Fan maxed out and brought it back down to about 42 in a matter of seconds.

Yep. But, when you take render all night long ~8h with 100% cpu usage at ~95c, it's terrible..
P.S I'm already send feedback to apple, but I'm already take it back to apple.

iZero

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2011
Yep. But, when you take render all night long ~8h with 100% cpu usage at ~95c, it's terrible..

I'm a bit confused... Did you think that using 100% cpu on it for 8 straight hours would result in cool temps? I doubt any machine, Windows or Mac, is going to run at "idle" temps when utilizing 100% of the cpu for 8 straight hours... Unrealistic expectations tend to bring disappointing results...

Derango

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011

Even though it is a Pro laptop, I'm pretty sure their intended use case scenario for a laptop isn't an 8 hour render using 100% CPU usage.

Gotta assume most people are going to be using a desktop based system for something that intensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.