Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bt22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Alabama
I have a base model 2011 Mac Mini with 8 GB of Crucial Ram and a Thunderbolt Display. If I install Click To Flash and try to watch a YouTube video at full screen the video stutters so badly I can't watch it. I have noticed that the default settings in Click To Flash is to play the video using the HTML 5 video at 1080p. I have adjusted these settings, but it still stutters. I can play video at full screen with Click To Flash turned off or the flash version at 720p or 1080p with no stutter. I am getting 6 Mbps down load speed on my internet and my monitor is connected to my Mini with the Thunderbolt cable from the ACD. The only way I have been able to get rid of the stutter is to play flash video's. I prefer the HTML 5 version because it takes out all of the adds and other stuff, but I can't watch it. Any help would be appreciated.

MadDragon1846

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
I don't have stuttering videos on youtube. But the audio is out of sync... (it's out of sync on most videos on other sites too). I'm guessing its videos that use flash.

I have flash player updated to the latest version. Is there anything I can do to fix the audio? :confused:

Cmd-the-World

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I'll have to install it again, I like it with SL. On ClickToFlash.com I see the two versions to download (1.5.5 & 1.6b9) and they both say OSX 10.4 - 10.6

If you followed GGJstudios link you would have realized that he was talking about a different, newer click to flash which is Lion compatible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.