Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Will you still be around by then.:p

Understandably, one can see why I worry about the A's or Giants on any given year, but on almost any given year this early, it's been a safe bet to put money down on Boston or NYY to get into playoffs. For those teams, it's theirs to lose. Call it budget, baseball pride in a team with fans, or a combination of both, but I think Boston and NYY have quite a few rings to collect over next couple of decades.

Last edited:

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Will you still be around by then.:p

I'll be around once the stanley cup playoffs are over. Until then I will be watching a sport that isn't like watching paint dry at some points.

the pundits on ESPN are a bunch of clowns. 4 games don't mean **** in April. we will see where everyone stands come this summer and then I might have to start worrying.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
If Cleveland sweeps and then you guys head home to face the Yankees it might be time to worry.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
If Cleveland sweeps and then you guys head home to face the Yankees it might be time to worry.

It might be time to worry if we aren't within 5 games at the all star break... until then you are just being retarded. We haven't even gone through the rotation once yet.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
If Albert Pujols wants 300 million dollars, he better start playing like a player worth 300 million dollars, or else he's not going to get 300 million dollars. Not from the Cards, not from the Cubs, not from the Red Sox and not from the Wankees.

Waino out for the season. Carp not his usual self. Westbrook and McClellan are the same old ****. Garcia is the only pitcher in the rotation worth a damn. Is it the next Blues season yet? At least it's still fun and exciting to watch them while they lose.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I can't see the Yankees giving Pujols any money. We have a great 1st baseman power hitter in Texeria who has already proven himself to be able to play on the big stage. He is not going to get 300 million from anyone.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sorry, couldn't resist. ;) :p

I am sure the Red Sox will be in AL East contention by June. But, as a Yankees fan it's fun to poke fun of their early struggles due to the all the talk about their moves in the off season.

Attachments

• istockphoto_7481982-vultures-circling-overhead.jpg
    istockphoto_7481982-vultures-circling-overhead.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 45

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Poor start for the Giants, especially galling since the losses have been coming against the Dodgers and the Padres. Too much poor fielding, mental mistakes, bad baserunning - lots of Little League stuff out there, gotta cut that out.

Oh well, at least Lincecum struck out 13 Pads today to end the roadie on a positive note.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I know they say don't stare at a car accident but how can you not when the Sox are 0-6 and lose 1-0.:p

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Poor start for the Giants, especially galling since the losses have been coming against the Dodgers and the Padres. Too much poor fielding, mental mistakes, bad baserunning - lots of Little League stuff out there, gotta cut that out.

Oh well, at least Lincecum struck out 13 Pads today to end the roadie on a positive note.

Agreed. But im SUPER excited for opening night. I have tickets and will be flying up from the OC.:):):)

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Agreed. But im SUPER excited for opening night. I have tickets and will be flying up from the OC.:):):)

Lucky you! Hope you packed some sweaters because it's chilly here right now. I need to snag some tickets to one of the midweek Dodger games.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Oh why did Pettitte have to retire. :( Hughes is stinking up the number 3 spot......

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Manny retires after another positive drug test.
Tampa Bay Rays slugger Manny Ramirez has notified Major League Baseball that he is retiring after being notified of an issue under MLB's drug policy.

Ramirez tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug during spring training and retired rather than face a 100-game suspension, The New York Times reported on its website.

Major League Baseball announced the move in a statement on Friday. The statement did not say whether Ramirez tested positive for a banned substance. He has previously served a 50-game suspension for violating the drug policy while he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."

The Rays purchased the contract of Casey Kotchman from Triple-A Durham to replace Ramirez on the roster.

"The Tampa Bay Rays were informed today by the commissioner's office that Manny Ramirez has decided to retire after being informed of an issue under the drug program," the Rays said in a statement. "We are obviously surprised and disappointed by this news. We will have no further comment on this matter, and our fans and organization will carry on."

Ramirez, 38, left the team earlier this week to attend to what the Rays called a family matter. Manager Joe Maddon said on Thursday that he expected Ramirez to be available for Friday night's game at Chicago.

The 12-time All-Star agreed to a $2 million, one-year contract with the defending AL East champions in the offseason, hoping to re-establish himself as one of the game's feared hitters.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6310125

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Lucky you! Hope you packed some sweaters because it's chilly here right now. I need to snag some tickets to one of the midweek Dodger games.

Here now. SF is looking crazy with GIANTS fans everywhere. I went to the parade and wow it was amazing!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
cheater. explains the .000 batting average though. but this puts the rays in a bit of a pickle.
The Rays were in trouble long before this. Getting rid of their star players, Longoria on the shelf, Damon being old. They will be lucky to win 70 games this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.